Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

NipHolmes said:
Seems like Mangala is the man then. Gutted we seem to have passed in Benatia for Mangala as Benatia is a complete defender but it seems that Mangala is being chosen for pace, power and youth .

I think it will be his age that will put us off.

We already have a pretty ageing squad with the majority going to be in it's thirties in two or three years time so it's probably not wise to go and spend 40m euros on a 27 year old defender.

If Yaya stays and carries on with the Ivory Coast then that will be two players of our first XI off to AFCON for a month, if you take on potential injuries around that time it would be too much in my opinion.

Benatia would be my choice but the club seem to be favouring Mangala.

I quite like Rojo, the Argentine left back who plays in central defence for his club, Sporting.

NipHolmes said:
Seems like Mangala is the man then. Gutted we seem to have passed in Benatia for Mangala as Benatia is a complete defender but it seems that Mangala is being chosen for pace, power and youth .

Is there something ive missed Nip? Why has Mangala suddenly become the target?

FantasyIreland said:
NipHolmes said:

Is there something ive missed Nip? Why has Mangala suddenly become the target?

I missed it too; whatever it was!

sam-caddick said:
NipHolmes said:

I think it will be his age that will put us off.

We already have a pretty ageing squad with the majority going to be in it's thirties in two or three years time so it's probably not wise to go and spend 40m euros on a 27 year old defender.

If Yaya stays and carries on with the Ivory Coast then that will be two players of our first XI off to AFCON for a month, if you take on potential injuries around that time it would be too much in my opinion.

Benatia would be my choice but the club seem to be favouring Mangala.

I quite like Rojo, the Argentine left back who plays in central defence for his club, Sporting.

Also the fee Roma are requesting has put the team off. £10m more than Mangala. Mangala was the original target but the fee Porto are requesting has been the issue. Seemed to me like Benatia was then the target but Roma's fee was even more ridiculous than Porto's.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I'm really pissed off reading this thread. I'm recently back home from travelling around Indonesia and Thailand and I can tell you there is HUGE support for City in Indonesia, and the people over there are the friendliest ever. I came home and immediately hated my country. We are cunts, us English. It's no wonder everyone hates us. Why can't the guy be free to post on here, within the code of conduct, as he sees fit. People in our country are twats. Hence why I'm leaving for Australia in October. Need a change!

You hate the English because we're twats and yet you're going to one of the most racist countries on the planet. That is glorious logic.

Never trust a nation in which the sportsmen drink their own piss.

Not much but FC Porto just lent a 19 year old danish CB from Brøndby IF, never heard about the defender even though i'm from Denmark.

TFC said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I'm really pissed off reading this thread. I'm recently back home from travelling around Indonesia and Thailand and I can tell you there is HUGE support for City in Indonesia, and the people over there are the friendliest ever. I came home and immediately hated my country. We are cunts, us English. It's no wonder everyone hates us. Why can't the guy be free to post on here, within the code of conduct, as he sees fit. People in our country are twats. Hence why I'm leaving for Australia in October. Need a change!

You hate the English because we're twats and yet you're going to one of the most racist countries on the planet. That is glorious logic.

Actually laughed my arse off at Tricky Trev there.....When you get there tell us how well the Aboriginal folk get on with the ex convicts. Yeh super tolerant society there pal.

Mad_fer_it said:
TFC said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Actually laughed my arse off at Tricky Trev there.....When you get there tell us how well the Aboriginal folk get on with the ex convicts. Yeh super tolerant society there pal.
*sigh*

Yep. So, tell me about the National Front... The BNP... Britain First... Jack 'England for the English' Wilshire...

Very easy to pot a whole country on the basis of a few. Try a bit harder.

Have your little tiff, by all means, but leave my country - which you probably know very little about - out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.