Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Think City want an athletic/quick CB to suit our style - so Benatia or Mangala. Prefer Benatia myself, there's an element of a gamble with Mangala, if he fulfils his potential then its a good investment!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
Think City want an athletic/quick CB to suit our style - so Benatia or Mangala. Prefer Benatia myself, there's an element of a gamble with Mangala, if he fulfils his potential then its a good investment!!
This is the bit I don't get. People are making out that Mangala is a gamble, yet Benatia somehow isn't? He is no more proven, he is merely older. It's not as if he's been a top CB for years and has proven time and again on the biggest stage that he's world class, he's a guy coming off the back of one great season in a pretty shoddy Serie A. Either would have to be a huge gamble on our part

BigOscar said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
This is the bit I don't get. People are making out that Mangala is a gamble, yet Benatia somehow isn't? He is no more proven, he is merely older. It's not as if he's been a top CB for years and has proven time and again on the biggest stage that he's world class, he's a guy coming off the back of one great season in a pretty shoddy Serie A. Either would have to be a huge gamble on our part
Actually, Benatia has had two great seasons in a row now, for both Roma and Udinese, and had a pretty good season the year before too. Serie A is a better league than Liga Portuguesa as well, and Roma play a high defensive line like us. I'm not surprised people here want Benatia more - I would prefer him too. He's an amazing centre back right now, whereas Mangala has the potential to become one.

So now we are going to move swiftly for Mangala .... Or he is going to make us look like chumps!!

...Any money he says he's going on holiday for a few weeks then will make his mind up after that!!! Something fishy about the game Mangala and his devious agent Mendes are playing .... No doubt Mourinho has been sticking his oar in!!

Tron Coltrane said:
bluesince76 said:
Right, France are out, someone get him on the phone

Got through but I don't speak French, the whole phone call was a disaster. Anyone else want to give it a shot?
All I know is "voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" but I don't think that will help the situation. It's best that someone else makes the call.

France is out, Mangala played 0 minutes, so we can sign him now or we just had to wait a few extra weeks since May to be told no.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.