Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

TrueBlue1705 said:
So now we are going to move swiftly for Mangala .... Or he is going to make us look like chumps!!

...Any money he says he's going on holiday for a few weeks then will make his mind up after that!!! Something fishy about the game Mangala and his devious agent Mendes are playing .... No doubt Mourinho has been sticking his oar in!!

If he does that then expect us to move swiftly for benatia. I suspect sagna will have done some convincing. Either way, i am confident we will have a shiny new centre back by this time next week.

Damanino said:
France is out, Mangala played 0 minutes, so we can sign him now or we just had to wait a few extra weeks since May to be told no.:)

Even if it's Porto, they gotta cut that price down. Fernandinho wasn't in the Brazil squad, but at least he played his way in to be selected and then play in the World Cup. Mangala was selected and then watched as every single defender on France's roster get used this World Cup except him. Even if it's a France and they work a bit different, that's kinda crazy.

Damanino said:
France is out, Mangala played 0 minutes, so we can sign him now or we just had to wait a few extra weeks since May to be told no.:)

I'm just glad that his agent hasn't bothered him with any transfer news until the world cup is over. Could have really affected his performances.

sakho was selected ahead of him , all the CB's chosen except him...yes you can point out fenandinho....but he played his way into the team

with MDM , I read he may play tommorow..

razman said:
sakho was selected ahead of him , all the CB's chosen except him...yes you can point out fenandinho....but he played his way into the team

Don't forget he couldn't even get ahead of Evra or Digne at LB and of course Sagna/Debuchy at RB, every other defender in the side played in a game.

razman said:

That's my worry with Mangala, if he really was a €40m player he would have played himself into the France team.

If he was at any other club other than Porto his value would be half of what his current buyout clause is so I just think it's a mighty fee for what is just potential.

We have great potential in our academy so for me I would be going all out for Benatia and let him play with Kompany for a few years allowing a gateway to one or two of our academy players in the next few years.

sam-caddick said:
razman said:

That's my worry with Mangala, if he really was a €40m player he would have played himself into the France team.

If he was at any other club other than Porto his value would be half of what his current buyout clause is so I just think it's a mighty fee for what is just potential.

We have great potential in our academy so for me I would be going all out for Benatia and let him play with Kompany for a few years allowing a gateway to one or two of our academy players in the next few years.

This.

It seems we are keeping Nasty, so makes sense. Get Benatia, give Rekik out on loan, see if he proves himself and if so put him in place when MDM's contract finishes.

MillionDollarDream said:
razman said:

Don't forget he couldn't even get ahead of Evra or Digne at LB and of course Sagna/Debuchy at RB, every other defender in the side played in a game.

Clichy couldn't get ahead of those LBs either and Nasri couldn't get ahead of Sissoko, so he must be shit too. Deschamps has picked players who work OK together and won't cause a fuss. Notice the lack of news coming from the French team this World Cup that they've been plagued by in recent tournaments.

richards30 said:
dannyboiblue said:
papers today say we have agreed a fee of £31m for mangala.

but he doesn't want to come to us or Manchester!! in contrast to that benatia is desperate to come!

One comment from a young man who when put on the spot by a journo, said he preferred London to Manchester.

How many of our current squad do you think may hold the same view ?

They still do a great job for us though.

CityStu said:
MillionDollarDream said:
razman said:

Clichy couldn't get ahead of those LBs either and Nasri couldn't get ahead of Sissoko, so he must be shit too. Deschamps has picked players who work OK together and won't cause a fuss. Notice the lack of news coming from the French team this World Cup that they've been plagued by in recent tournaments.

You can cut the "so he must be shit" rebuttal . Mangala was picked to represent this current French National Team side for the 2014 World Cup. We already know why Clichy and Nasri weren't in the side. Mangala was picked and not only was he the only defender not to be used but only the back up GK's got the same amount of minutes as him.

I've said previously that I'm aware that France is different but even I find it odd he wasn't used for a single minute the entire World Cup. They could of picked a younger member from Ligue 1 if they just wanted somebody along for the ride. They didn't have to pick him but they did and didn't use him at all.

Also like I said, Fernandinho made the necessary switch to get noticed and played his way into the squad and reaped the benefits, starting I believe the last 3 games. Mangala needs new advisors because he could have moved in January, possibly to us and could have seen a different World Cup. Instead we see a kid with a high valuation by his club team not given a single chance on the world's biggest stage to see why he was given such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.