Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

RandomJ said:
hgblue said:
RandomJ said:
Got expensive flop written all over this.

Bloody hell, am I the only person on here that rates this lad? ;) Cracking young player imo.

He's talented no disputing that. It's his attitude that really worries me. It's between two defenders, both are talented, one is willing to lose money in order to come here and one who is dragging their heels so much they've dug a trench. One of them will work their nads off in training and in games to show we were right to buy them the other already thinks they are the finished article and will act like they're doing us a favour just for being at the club. Lot of money to spend on someone with such a shit attitude.

What attitude ??? Its a big moment in his life and how do we not know he doesn`t want to join us.I have never seen any direct links to him saying this.He has his family life to consider as well.
Don`t know where you`ve got this notion that he thinks he`s the finished article just because he hasn`t so far made his mind up as to where he would like to play.

RandomJ said:
hgblue said:
RandomJ said:
Got expensive flop written all over this.

Bloody hell, am I the only person on here that rates this lad? ;) Cracking young player imo.

He's talented no disputing that. It's his attitude that really worries me. It's between two defenders, both are talented, one is willing to lose money in order to come here and one who is dragging their heels so much they've dug a trench. One of them will work their nads off in training and in games to show we were right to buy them the other already thinks they are the finished article and will act like they're doing us a favour just for being at the club. Lot of money to spend on someone with such a shit attitude.
I'm guessing you've based your analysis of him from your personal knowledge and long association with the guy? Or is it all based on a snippet from dodgy media sources and a load of crap written on football forums?

Hmm, I wonder...

"Eliaquimssss"
126891_med_v_guimaraes_v_fc_porto_liga_zon_sagres_j17_2012_13.jpg.jpg

What is concern is his agent. Mendes is Mourinho's agent also. He is does not have the best relations with City. Would he steer his client in other directions?

adrianr said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Would much prefer Benatia, this guy is pissing us around too much. Don't want to be gambling on France's 4th choice CB for £40mil, for that price, a CB should either be the finished article or showing that he's going to be the next big thing. Plus, does he have the leadership skills we need if Kompany is injured?

Did the price jump up when I wasn't looking? I thought we were closer to 30 million than 40?
You're right, I remember £40mil being thrown around but more recently it says £32mil. Still, I think it's a bit steep, as we could probably get Hummels for a similar price and he's only 2 years older and proven in a more competitive league. I hope he proves me wrong but I can see this being a bit of a flop transfer.

Pepe moved from the same club at a similar age for a similar fee (inflation adjusted) and was a raw talent too. He became one of the best centre-backs in the world and has given Real Madrid seven good years (besides his 'incidents') so far.

City's stubborn determination to get Mangala when there are other good options would probably mean they've scouted him thoroughly and are absolutely convinced. Now it's up to him, but at least we have a great contingency plan...

Maybe Mangala is the preference as they see Kompany/Benatia as sort of two players of similar characteristics, whereas Kompany/Mangala features a big physical presence who is strong in the air... like an upgraded Kompany/Lescott, but Mangala can actually pass the ball well. So it could be a more balanced partnership.

ColinLee said:
RandomJ said:
hgblue said:

I'm guessing you've based your analysis of him from your personal knowledge and long association with the guy? Or is it all based on a snippet from dodgy media sources and a load of crap written on football forums?

Hmm, I wonder...

I'll have you know he told me all this over a game of hungry hungry hippos not two nights ago.

RandomJ said:
ColinLee said:
RandomJ said:

Hmm, I wonder...

I'll have you know he told me all this over a game of hungry hungry hippos not two nights ago.
Ahh, fair enough, who won?

LoveCity said:
Pepe moved from the same club at a similar age for a similar fee (inflation adjusted) and was a raw talent too. He became one of the best centre-backs in the world and has given Real Madrid seven good years (besides his 'incidents') so far.

City's stubborn determination to get Mangala when there are other good options would probably mean they've scouted him thoroughly and are absolutely convinced. Now it's up to him, but at least we have a great contingency plan...

Maybe Mangala is the preference as they see Kompany/Benatia as sort of two players of similar characteristics, whereas Kompany/Mangala features a big physical presence who is strong in the air... like an upgraded Kompany/Lescott, but Mangala can actually pass the ball well. So it could be a more balanced partnership.

And what price did Rio bring in 2002..........Leeds to MUFC
When Leeds signed him from West Ham for big bucks O'Leary said the first task I have is to teach Rio how to be a Centre Half.........
I think he turned out to be OK

The Doctor said:
And what price did Rio bring in 2002..........Leeds to MUFC
When Leeds signed him from West Ham for big bucks O'Leary said the first task I have is to teach Rio how to be a Centre Half.........
I think he turned out to be OK
Who's this O'Leary you speak of? Did he work at the Trafford Utd academy when he was brought through the ranks with all the other young players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.