Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Kun Aguero said:
I used to love Crespo. Wasn't as good as Vieri, Del Piero or Batigoal. Del Piero was my man crush but Batigoal, Henry and Zlatgod are in my opinion the 3 best number 9's I've seen.

Shearer for me. Might not have been as easy on the eye but he was a machine.

Nightmare Walking said:
Kun Aguero said:
I used to love Crespo. Wasn't as good as Vieri, Del Piero or Batigoal. Del Piero was my man crush but Batigoal, Henry and Zlatgod are in my opinion the 3 best number 9's I've seen.

Agree and a bit of a nasty twat......... Just wonderful!

The Doctor said:
Nightmare Walking said:
Kun Aguero said:

No mention of Ronaldo (9) as one of the best? Unfortunately I never got to see him live

chris85mcfc said:
The Doctor said:
Nightmare Walking said:

No mention of Ronaldo (9) as one of the best? Unfortunately I never got to see him live

Fuck me I forgot about him, Raul was boss as boss.

Kun Aguero said:
chris85mcfc said:
The Doctor said:

Fuck me I forgot about him, Raul was boss as boss.

Raul was a **** and the part of the reason for the Galaticos decline and the reason why Spain were average

The Mangala situation is starting to annoy me almost as much as the Yaya one! I really don't understand the hesistance on his part...

Does he have a friend at the club? Sagna - Check!
Does he have fellow countrymen? Nasri, Clichy and again Sagna- Check!
Does he have an opening in his position? We need a CB on the left side - Check!
Does the team offer Champions League Football? Yes - Check!
Does the team offer the chance to win trophies? Yes - Check!

I cannot see what could possibly be the problem, unless I am starting to think he lacks the confidence in his own ability to play at a top club. Even if it is a yes I am starting to get nervous about wether he would be a success. At this rate we will have very little pre-season for Managla & Vinny to play together because of the World Cup which could be a nightmare with the big games we have early on. I think Benatia with his experience would be the better option.

KevR_7 said:
The Mangala situation is starting to annoy me almost as much as the Yaya one! I really don't understand the hesistance on his part...

I cannot see what could possibly be the problem, unless I am starting to think he lacks the confidence in his own ability to play at a top club. Even if it is a yes I am starting to get nervous about wether he would be a success. At this rate we will have very little pre-season for Managla & Vinny to play together because of the World Cup which could be a nightmare with the big games we have early on. I think Benatia with his experience would be the better option.

He is young and London attracts him more which is a red flag to me on it's own.
Benatia should imo be our primary target.

KevR_7 said:

I also don't understand why he hasn't signed.

If there is a reason, it can't be a footballing one.

No other teams are being linked with him at all, Porto have agreed a fee - yet it seems he doesn't want to sign.

From the outside, it seems a little strange.

I still want to him to sign, I think he's brilliant and has the potential to be one of the very best CBs in Europe.

The only thing I can think of is He must of had assurances from the Mourinho that he wants him but it could be next summer if they can't sell a player or 2 before, there is no other reason why he hasn't signed..

waspish said:
The only thing I can think of is He must of had assurances from the Mourinho that he wants him but it could be next summer if they can't sell a player or 2 before, there is no other reason why he hasn't signed..

There's plenty of reasons if everyone takes a step back and realises the rest of the footballing world doesn't harbour this constant burning desire to sign for City. His agent could have promised him offers from any number of other clubs, just to give him time to get them. He could want these offers in his corner to ensure he gets the best deal out of us. He could genuinely prefer London over Manchester, regardless of what team he ends up playing for. Hell maybe he just hates our new kit.

Point being the only explanation isn't "He hasn't signed because he's clearly a **** stringing us along'. There are many more realistic and far less sinister. If we do end up signing him I'm sure he'll bring everything the extensive scout reports indicate he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.