Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

adrianr said:
waspish said:
The only thing I can think of is He must of had assurances from the Mourinho that he wants him but it could be next summer if they can't sell a player or 2 before, there is no other reason why he hasn't signed..

There's plenty of reasons if everyone takes a step back and realises the rest of the footballing world doesn't harbour this constant burning desire to sign for City. His agent could have promised him offers from any number of other clubs, just to give him time to get them. He could want these offers in his corner to ensure he gets the best deal out of us. He could genuinely prefer London over Manchester, regardless of what team he ends up playing for. Hell maybe he just hates our new kit.

Point being the only explanation isn't "He hasn't signed because he's clearly a **** stringing us along'. There are many more realistic and far less sinister. If we do end up signing him I'm sure he'll bring everything the extensive scout reports indicate he will.

Then why hasn't he just said no and waited until.next season for a team he wants to play for to move in for him. It really is simple you either want to play for city or you don't. It certainly doesn't take 6 months to decide. I really want city to pull the plug on this deal.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
waspish said:
The only thing I can think of is He must of had assurances from the Mourinho that he wants him but it could be next summer if they can't sell a player or 2 before, there is no other reason why he hasn't signed..

There's plenty of reasons if everyone takes a step back and realises the rest of the footballing world doesn't harbour this constant burning desire to sign for City. His agent could have promised him offers from any number of other clubs, just to give him time to get them. He could want these offers in his corner to ensure he gets the best deal out of us. He could genuinely prefer London over Manchester, regardless of what team he ends up playing for. Hell maybe he just hates our new kit.

Point being the only explanation isn't "He hasn't signed because he's clearly a c**t stringing us along'. There are many more realistic and far less sinister. If we do end up signing him I'm sure he'll bring everything the extensive scout reports indicate he will.

Then why hasn't he just said no and waited until.next season for a team he wants to play for to move in for him. It really is simple you either want to play for city or you don't. It certainly doesn't take 6 months to decide. I really want city to pull the plug on this deal.

Is there any difference between Mangala preferring London over Manchester to City preferring Mangala over Benatia ?

People have preferences. It happens.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
waspish said:

Point being the only explanation isn't "He hasn't signed because he's clearly a c**t stringing us along'. There are many more realistic and far less sinister. If we do end up signing him I'm sure he'll bring everything the extensive scout reports indicate he will.

He's keeping his options open, as he is entitled to do.

lost_n_spaced said:
RandomJ said:
adrianr said:

Is there any difference between Mangala preferring London over Manchester to City preferring Mangala over Benatia ?

I'm not arsed if he prefers London over Manchester I'm arsed we're wasting so much time on this deal and risk losing Benatia because of it.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
waspish said:

Because he does want to play for us, but wants the strongest possible hand when entering into negotiations? Why is that scenario so hard to believe? It's exactly what I did when I changed my last job. I didn't string anyone along, I just wanted as many options as possible in front of me so I could make the best decision about my future.

He must be worth waiting for if we're taking the risk on losing both him and Benatia.

The club will know whats going on we're no longer run by idiots and I trust their decision making.

As for the lad himself well it's a big move and he as to make sure it's the right one for him.

RandomJ said:
lost_n_spaced said:
RandomJ said:

I'm not arsed if he prefers London over Manchester I'm arsed we're wasting so much time on this deal and risk losing Benatia because of it.

How do you know we are wasting time

maybe he s signed, i thnk it would be very stupid of the club to said thet had spent all they are allowed, if they are tracking other players.
it would be like the adeybayor saga, if we shift a few first ie sinclar , richards , garcia , etc....

adrianr said:
RandomJ said:
adrianr said:

Because he does want to play for us, but wants the strongest possible hand when entering into negotiations? Why is that scenario so hard to believe? It's exactly what I did when I changed my last job. I didn't string anyone along, I just wanted as many options as possible in front of me so I could make the best decision about my future.

which he is perfectly entitled to do. But he has had over 6 months to check his options and is still no closer to making a decision. Pellegrini wants all the business done before pre season so there needs to be a time soon we withdraw the offer because it is taking the piss now.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
RandomJ said:

which he is perfectly entitled to do. But he has had over 6 months to check his options and is still no closer to making a decision. Pellegrini wants all the business done before pre season so there needs to be a time soon we withdraw the offer because it is taking the piss now.

You make a lot of assumptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.