Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Mangala, another Yaya in the making. i hope we go for Benatia. he's really eager to play for us.

RandomJ said:
adrianr said:
RandomJ said:
Then why hasn't he just said no and waited until.next season for a team he wants to play for to move in for him. It really is simple you either want to play for city or you don't. It certainly doesn't take 6 months to decide. I really want city to pull the plug on this deal.

Because he does want to play for us, but wants the strongest possible hand when entering into negotiations? Why is that scenario so hard to believe? It's exactly what I did when I changed my last job. I didn't string anyone along, I just wanted as many options as possible in front of me so I could make the best decision about my future.

which he is perfectly entitled to do. But he has had over 6 months to check his options and is still no closer to making a decision. Pellegrini wants all the business done before pre season so there needs to be a time soon we withdraw the offer because it is taking the piss now.

You've never struck me as a daft poster Random, I'm surprised you can't see the flaws in your argument here. Options for him will be half down to him, half down to the potential club. Say Chelsea are involved, they've said 'Look, give us until summer, we want you, but a few cogs have to move first' - Very plausible, I'm sure we do similar with players all the time. He's heard nothing from Chelsea, so we've heard nothing from him. We've given him a deadline, he's likely given any other clubs deadlines - It'll all be resolved one way or another. But it doesn't mean that he doesn't want to come.

Can't wait for all the backtracking on here if we sign him. He - as in, actual quotes - has spoken about 6 words, where all he said was given a choice, he'd live in London.

I wonder why his comments in 2013 are ignored by our needy bunch. Far more conclusive than his "London for the lifestyle" quote.

Mangala in 2013: "Man City is nowadays one of the big clubs in the world so you are always flattered by their interest in you."

capiloton said:
Mangala, another Yaya in the making. i hope we go for Benatia. he's really eager to play for us.
You reckon? Which one of them is trying to force a move out of his club? Which one could of left for more money in January, but instead stayed put as he thought it was better for his career? One of them is acting like a Yaya in the making, but it's not Mangala

adrianr said:
waspish said:
The only thing I can think of is He must of had assurances from the Mourinho that he wants him but it could be next summer if they can't sell a player or 2 before, there is no other reason why he hasn't signed..

There's plenty of reasons if everyone takes a step back and realises the rest of the footballing world doesn't harbour this constant burning desire to sign for City. His agent could have promised him offers from any number of other clubs, just to give him time to get them. He could want these offers in his corner to ensure he gets the best deal out of us. He could genuinely prefer London over Manchester, regardless of what team he ends up playing for. Hell maybe he just hates our new kit.

Point being the only explanation isn't "He hasn't signed because he's clearly a c**t stringing us along'. There are many more realistic and far less sinister. If we do end up signing him I'm sure he'll bring everything the extensive scout reports indicate he will.
Stop talking sense on this thread, it's not allowed. You have to pretend you're besties with him and know exactly what's going on.

I still prefer Mangala

He's younger, and I hope to see him with Nastasic' on pitch together.

I wouldn't mind if Mangala does eventually signing for us even if he is reluctant in joining us in the first place. Chelsea have signed their promising defender in January. Despite their aging first choice pairing, I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho opts for an experienced player instead of Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.