Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

RW9 said:
Bilboblue said:
RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Mangala is not a proven CB by any stretch and we've just spent more than half our summers budget on him? How can we give utd shit when we are getting roasted like this?

They should pay over the odds because they have no CL and are in shit street! We are champions and are still getting Rodgered!! Embarrassing..

Don't get me started on letting players like Sanchez pass by and go to rivals!! If he's available, we should be in for him, simple as that! 30 m - we've just spent that on an unproven CB - Fuck FFP , sign then sell after like psg and everyone else will do!!

What happens when aguero is injured again, beast has a dry spell, Dzeko doesn't turn up again... We won the league last year because Liverpool fucked up, people are being too over confident on here 'we were champs we didn't need to strengthen much' - yaya dragged us through the shit and now he wants out too....

And no I'm not a rag, 118 season ticket!!

Crazy, typical city!!

RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Why rag? What's incorrect?

Do you agree that 32m is fair?
We shouldn't have got Sanchez?

Explain

What's fair is we NEEDED a CB, we DIDN'T need another winger, hence us making Mangala our main signing for the summer.

I trust our club more than your opinion.

Now trot off back to sadcafe.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
RW9 said:
Bilboblue said:
RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Explain
Yes you have a great point. We are in desperate need for a centre back so we should sign Sanchez for a position we already have a wealth of talent in.

Christ!

No, the Sanchez argument was as well as mangala. We've paid 32m for a potentially good kid... Sure rekik is potentially good too? And boyata if he played?!?

Sanchez was a no brainer. You don't miss them people when they are on offer

RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Mangala is not a proven CB by any stretch and we've just spent more than half our summers budget on him? How can we give utd shit when we are getting roasted like this?

They should pay over the odds because they have no CL and are in shit street! We are champions and are still getting Rodgered!! Embarrassing..

Don't get me started on letting players like Sanchez pass by and go to rivals!! If he's available, we should be in for him, simple as that! 30 m - we've just spent that on an unproven CB - Fuck FFP , sign then sell after like psg and everyone else will do!!

What happens when aguero is injured again, beast has a dry spell, Dzeko doesn't turn up again... We won the league last year because Liverpool fucked up, people are being too over confident on here 'we were champs we didn't need to strengthen much' - yaya dragged us through the shit and now he wants out too....

Crazy, typical city!!
NOOOOOOO FUCKING NOOOO. Someone do something quick arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Pussy.

RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Crazy, typical city!!
Bed time.

Bilboblue said:
RW9 said:
Bilboblue said:
RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Explain

What's fair is we NEEDED a CB, we DIDN'T need another winger, hence us making Mangala our main signing for the summer.

Despite them being a complete set of cunts the rags still seem to grasp the concept if needing defensive minded players.

I can only assume he is a Liverpool fan as they have no concept of buying players in positions they need to strengthen

Bilboblue said:
RW9 said:
Bilboblue said:
RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Explain

No, players like Sanchez can always be made room for. If Ronaldo/messi came up would you say we didn't need them? Sanchez is 25, just played great in a WC and then comes up!! No brainer..

Mangala - big risk... I remember when potentially good was worth a few mill. Not 32!!!!

RW9 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
RW9 said:

Explain
Yes you have a great point. We are in desperate need for a centre back so we should sign Sanchez for a position we already have a wealth of talent in.

Christ!

No, the Sanchez argument was as well as mangala. We've paid 32m for a potentially good kid... Sure rekik is potentially good too? And boyata if he played?!?

Sanchez was a no brainer. You don't miss them people when they are on offer
We scored the 2nd highest amount of goals in premier league history, over 150 in all competitions so why would we want to bring in another forward to change that?

RW9 said:
Bilboblue said:
RW9 said:

Explain

No, players like Sanchez can always be made room for. If Ronaldo/messi came up would you say we didn't need them? Sanchez is 25, just played great in a WC and then comes up!! No brainer..

Mangala - big risk... I remember when potentially good was worth a few mill. Not 32!!!!

Cool, let's go buy a player we don;t need, and miss out on we do eh?

You have no idea, really, get off FIFA or Football Manager once in a while and live in the real world.

You lot paid the same money for a CB ELEVEN(ish) years ago ffs.

SwiftBlue said:
Before I start this post let me first say I am very pleased if these Mangala rumours are now true. Tho i'd have personally preferred Benatia, Eliaquim is younger and has experience of high level CL football, hopefully with a great future ahead.

Also, apologies if this post had already been made by someone already, or a post along similar lines.

What i'll say is that I feel City have in a way, kind of wasted this window. YES we do seem to have paid for 2 excellent players in Mangala and Fernando that will potentially improve the squad depth vastly. HOWEVER, City could have already potentially signed these 2 players back in January, where everyone still admitted that, if we were to have competed on all 4 fronts both signings were needed. Fernando and Mangala (or at least one of them) could have been a City player already on Feb 1st of this year, and by delaying their transfer (the fees involved for either player are hardly any lower than what Porto demanded back in January) we've ended blowing the entire FFP set budget on them. If City had completed one or both of the deals then we might of still been able to go for a luxury signing this Summer (i.e one of Vidal/Pogba/Barkley/Sanchez/Fabregas or someone else that may become available).

I'll reiterate, i'm very happy with the signings, just disappointed we couldn't of done any of the deals months back and spent the FFP allowance in another way. I'll admit however, that most likely Txiki and co, weren't aware of the exact punishment we'd get regarding FFP (still a joke) if we'd receive any at all so delaying those deals was understandable in that regard.

I am in exactly the same boat as you. I think Porto wanted 50m pounds or so for the pair, and I think we said no b/c Fernando was leaving on free and yet we ended up paying 12m for him. that's 43.5 for the pair, granted Fernando is probably worth closer to 20m and if you think in that way it seems a little less harsh but he was to be for free.

I also agree with the FFP stuff. We negotiated a loss of upto 20m Euro for 2013-14 whereas we are expected to break even. I think signing those two in January (and maybe selling Garcia) would have amortized itself in a way to cover this up potential loss. As in, we would have an expected loss of about 20m Euro for 2013-14 instead of breaking even. And we would then have 50m pounds to spend this summer.

Still, we should be happy. Its the clubs business and they saw it fit to do this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.