Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

salfordblue-tony2 said:
MCC said:
If he's as good as distin it's power wank time. All weekend.

That`s just what I was thinking.

I would hope for £32m he is a damn sight better than Distin ever was.

Pleased we have finally got our CB signing tied up.

We now have a 'Quim playing for us, as opposed to the c***s we had in the 90's, cool.

We've fucked up!!

Mangala is not a proven CB by any stretch and we've just spent more than half our summers budget on him? How can we give utd shit when we are getting roasted like this?

They should pay over the odds because they have no CL and are in shit street! We are champions and are still getting Rodgered!! Embarrassing..

Don't get me started on letting players like Sanchez pass by and go to rivals!! If he's available, we should be in for him, simple as that! 30 m - we've just spent that on an unproven CB - Fuck FFP , sign then sell after like psg and everyone else will do!!

What happens when aguero is injured again, beast has a dry spell, Dzeko doesn't turn up again... We won the league last year because Liverpool fucked up, people are being too over confident on here 'we were champs we didn't need to strengthen much' - yaya dragged us through the shit and now he wants out too....

And no I'm not a rag, 118 season ticket!!

Crazy, typical city!!

Deepest Blue said:
Think there will be some growing pains but Vinny and Martin together with our coaches will sort him out and in a couple of years we'll be well pleased with this player.
I agree, the defensive experience of those surrounding him is vast. Demi, Kompany, Sagna, Zabaleta, Vieira. Even Pellegrini himself was a stalwart centre-back. Hopefully, he and Vincent can form a world class partnership over the next 5/6 years.

FantasyIreland said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Excellent signing, Kompany may need to keep him well-marshaled for the first season or so but he'll be a brick shithouse in our defence for the next decade.

Fair play to your consistent stance that we were signing him.
Cheers, everything worked out in the end ;)

SwiftBlue said:
Barcon said:
SwiftBlue said:
You miss the part about competing on all 4 fronts? I feel that w/ Mangala and Fernando perhaps City would have been able to go further in the CL and FA Cup, as well as that, the restricted funds of the Summer could have been spent then in another way. I'll admit that sounds very spoilt however & I still am very happy with this Summer's business. Great improvements made to the squad, were we now have depth at the back as well as in attack. Can't wait for this season.

If we would have signed them back in January, would our spending be limited even more now, or next summer?

Was under the impression PSG had a very similar restriction to us and they spent vastly more iirc.
I think our restrictions lift after one year if we comply with them, PSG's don't.

RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Mangala is not a proven CB by any stretch and we've just spent more than half our summers budget on him? How can we give utd shit when we are getting roasted like this?

They should pay over the odds because they have no CL and are in shit street! We are champions and are still getting Rodgered!! Embarrassing..

Don't get me started on letting players like Sanchez pass by and go to rivals!! If he's available, we should be in for him, simple as that! 30 m - we've just spent that on an unproven CB - Fuck FFP , sign then sell after like psg and everyone else will do!!

What happens when aguero is injured again, beast has a dry spell, Dzeko doesn't turn up again... We won the league last year because Liverpool fucked up, people are being too over confident on here 'we were champs we didn't need to strengthen much' - yaya dragged us through the shit and now he wants out too....

Crazy, typical city!!

RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Bilboblue said:
RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Crazy, typical city!!

RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Why rag? What's incorrect?

Do you agree that 32m is fair?
We shouldn't have got Sanchez?

Explain

RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Crazy, typical city!!

FFS. Such reactionary nonsense.

So should we wait for another top club to buy Mangala, turn him into a polished diamond, then offer £80m for him?

You HAVE to weigh up risk vs. reward sometimes (that's what scouts and Txiki are paid to do) or else we'd NEVER buy anyone who isn't already proven.

It's not as easy as it sounds to find a defender with Mangala's physical attributes + pace + the progressive passing (Benatia certainly has the ball-playing skills but isn't the physical specimen Mangala is, something that counts for a lot in English football). Castles said as much when he broke the news:

The demand for physically robust defenders who are also capable ball players has seen centre-back become one of the hardest positions for Champions League clubs to fill, leading Paris Saint-Germain to spend £40m acquiring David Luiz from Chelsea at the beginning of this summer. While widely admired, Mangala does not come without an element of risk.

Top young centre-backs are in such high demand that they are expensive. Marquinhos went for near £30m last summer as a teenager.

RW9 said:
Bilboblue said:
RW9 said:
We've fucked up!!

Crazy, typical city!!

RAG.

Jesus Christ.

Why rag? What's incorrect?

Do you agree that 32m is fair?
We shouldn't have got Sanchez?

Explain
Yes you have a great point. We are in desperate need for a centre back so we should sign Sanchez for a position we already have a wealth of talent in.

Christ!

edgecroft said:
Rag wanker.

As I've just said brains..

What do you disagree with?!?

You think we have paid a fair price?
That we shouldn't have got Sanchez?
That mangala isn't unproven?

Talk facts 'RAG' ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.