Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Taylor said:
How reliable are tonights sources?
You don't get any more reliable than di Marzio mate, he's like the godfather of transfers.

SwiftBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
SwiftBlue said:
Before I start this post let me first say I am very pleased if these Mangala rumours are now true. Tho i'd have personally preferred Benatia, Eliaquim is younger and has experience of high level CL football, hopefully with a great future ahead.

Also, apologies if this post had already been made by someone already, or a post along similar lines.

What i'll say is that I feel City have in a way, kind of wasted this window. YES we do seem to have paid for 2 excellent players in Mangala and Fernando that will potentially improve the squad depth vastly. HOWEVER, City could have already potentially signed these 2 players back in January, where everyone still admitted that, if we were to have competed on all 4 fronts both signings were needed. Fernando and Mangala (or at least one of them) could have been a City player already on Feb 1st of this year, and by delaying their transfer (the fees involved for either player are hardly any lower than what Porto demanded back in January) we've ended blowing the entire FFP set budget on them. If City had completed one or both of the deals then we might of still been able to go for a luxury signing this Summer (i.e one of Vidal/Pogba/Barkley/Sanchez/Fabregas or someone else that may become available).

I'll reiterate, i'm very happy with the signings, just disappointed we couldn't of done any of the deals months back and spent the FFP allowance in another way. I'll admit however, that most likely Txiki and co, weren't aware of the exact punishment we'd get regarding FFP (still a joke) if we'd receive any at all so delaying those deals was understandable in that regard.

Well we didn't make the signings in January, for whatever reason (Porto being difficult to deal with as I understand it), so we are where we are, we still won the league without them, now we have them (it seems) so what the fuck are you moaning about?

You miss the part about competing on all 4 fronts? I feel that w/ Mangala and Fernando perhaps City would have been able to go further in the CL and FA Cup, as well as that, the restricted funds of the Summer could have been spent then in another way. I'll admit that sounds very spoilt however & I still am very happy with this Summer's business. Great improvements made to the squad, were we now have depth at the back as well as in attack. Can't wait for this season.

If we would have signed them back in January, would our spending be limited even more now, or next summer?

So what if he makes the odd mistake, He's bound to being only 23 but what great team mates he has to learn from in Kompany and demichelis. He Can learn a hell of alot from them 2, especially the latter.

Barcon said:
SwiftBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
Well we didn't make the signings in January, for whatever reason (Porto being difficult to deal with as I understand it), so we are where we are, we still won the league without them, now we have them (it seems) so what the fuck are you moaning about?

You miss the part about competing on all 4 fronts? I feel that w/ Mangala and Fernando perhaps City would have been able to go further in the CL and FA Cup, as well as that, the restricted funds of the Summer could have been spent then in another way. I'll admit that sounds very spoilt however & I still am very happy with this Summer's business. Great improvements made to the squad, were we now have depth at the back as well as in attack. Can't wait for this season.

If we would have signed them back in January, would our spending be limited even more now, or next summer?

Was under the impression PSG had a very similar restriction to us and they spent vastly more iirc.

Demicheles improved loads over the season and Mangala can as well. He does seem a bit raw but plenty of time to improve. Nice to get a younger player in as well.

MCC said:
andyhinch said:
Just thinking about the permutations we can have next season, fuck me, time for a wank.

Just knowing that we have Martin at the back for another year is enough for me to get the old fella out.
Reading through the shit managers thread brought some memories back, I'm not an old hand but I've got 40 years in and wouldn't miss one of them(Maybe the odd rainy night in the Gene Kelly) but I've got to pinch myself at times.

32m is a big fee only paid as much for Robinho and Agüero.

Txiki and his scout team surely watched his games over and over again if they decided to pay so much for him.

What I see from him in a few Porto games that he was a very raw defender. He has a lot to learn. But he has great abilities, pace, height, wont be outmuscled by strikers, so PL and its pace/strength wont hopefully surprise him.

What I cant say is that he 100% better than Sakho who made many big mistakes at Pool last season and seems a similar defender. But a factor plays a big role here, and its Kompany, because I am sure Sakho would have been better at Pool if he has a partner that is a leader and acts like that in defence and Skrtel really isnt a leader, a very physical defender but not aleader. Agger was more of a leader earlier at Pool and probably Skrtel did profit from that partnership.

Kompany is a good leader for a younger defender, they certainly need to build a strong bound as CB duo.

Would be good know what is the main tactical idea, will we go back to high line and pressing what was the plan last season this time and we changed that for various reasons after the first few months of the season. Do we have enough energy to press from the start, will all the players do it together or it just cant work and would put immense pressure on defence especially if they are high up on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.