Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

ChicagoBlue said:
Jaxite said:
Jaxite said:
Just realised he's not in London.

Why you quoting that i said that? i just posted the pic.

I guess I fucked up the edit! Sorry, no offence meant, mate! Not exactly controversial though, was it?

Nah don't worry just did not wont to get flack for it :P

Jaxite said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Jaxite said:
Why you quoting that i said that? i just posted the pic.

I guess I fucked up the edit! Sorry, no offence meant, mate! Not exactly controversial though, was it?

Nah don't worry just did not wont to get flack for it :P

Send 'em my way! I'll give 'em the old "two to the body, one to the head!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

P.S. You were even quicker than my edit to my own post!! 3:30am here and fking knackered but can't sleep!!

Lomas has a lob on said:
Theengelbert said:
There's a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with this deal. Sounds like he wanted to join Chelsea and united over us.

Benatia sounded like he wanted to come to us. Seems better to get players who want to play for us. We've had enough problems with troublemakers in the past.

I keep hearing Mangala said he prefer both United and Chelsea over City.

He replied to a hyperthetcial question at the time regarding Chelsea, saying he'd prefer to live in London. Well as much as we may not like it, most people moving to this country would prefer London to Manchester im affraid.

The prefering United part has never had actual quotes attributed to it. Paper bollocks basically. In fact wasn't it said by someone on here yesterday that United offered exactly the same package as us, but he chose us. So that knocks the prefering United theory on the head.

Mangala has also been criticised for taking his time in commiting to this move. You could argue that for such a young man, he has shown a lot of maturity in thinking over what will be a huge decision for him and his family, probaly the biggest decision he's had to make so far in his career.

After all of the above, he has chosen to sign for us.
To me that say's alot, he hasn't come on a whim, he has taken his time thought through everything and decided were the club for him.

Welcome to Manchester Mangala.

I think this is why Sanchez chose Arsenal over the Dippers..

Lomas has a lob on said:
Theengelbert said:
There's a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with this deal. Sounds like he wanted to join Chelsea and united over us.

Benatia sounded like he wanted to come to us. Seems better to get players who want to play for us. We've had enough problems with troublemakers in the past.

I keep hearing Mangala said he prefer both United and Chelsea over City.

He replied to a hyperthetcial question at the time regarding Chelsea, saying he'd prefer to live in London. Well as much as we may not like it, most people moving to this country would prefer London to Manchester im affraid.

The prefering United part has never had actual quotes attributed to it. Paper bollocks basically. In fact wasn't it said by someone on here yesterday that United offered exactly the same package as us, but he chose us. So that knocks the prefering United theory on the head.

Mangala has also been criticised for taking his time in commiting to this move. You could argue that for such a young man, he has shown a lot of maturity in thinking over what will be a huge decision for him and his family, probaly the biggest decision he's had to make so far in his career.

After all of the above, he has chosen to sign for us.
To me that say's alot, he hasn't come on a whim, he has taken his time thought through everything and decided were the club for him.

Welcome to Manchester Mangala.

Amen.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think , like me, he must have been on the London Underground during rush hour last Thursday morning and realised life in the capital isn't all sweetness and light, after all.
"He who is tired of London is getting a very reliable signal about the place"

Mangala fact

In Jyotish astrology, Mangala is the name for Mars, the red planet. Mars is also called Angaraka ('one who is red in colour' also called Rakta varna whose color is like blood [1] or Bhauma ('son of Bhumi') in Sanskrit. He is the god of war and is celibate. He is considered the son of Prithvi or Bhumi, the Earth Goddess. He is the owner of the Aries and Scorpio signs, and a teacher of the occult sciences (Ruchaka Mahapurusha Yoga).

Theengelbert said:

Only a couple of days that the press were reporting that "Man Utd had thrown their hat in the ring" and that Chelsea were interested too with both clubs matching City's offer leaving the player to pick between the trio.

I don't know whether it's true, but I guess you can choose what you want to believe when it comes to the papers depending on who you support

sir baconface said:
MeatHunterrr said:
sir baconface said:
Do people think he'll go straight into the team? Or understudy/rotate with Demichelis first season?

(Assuming he does sign, of course)
you dont spunk £32m on player to play understudy or being on bench for first year.

You might if you are buying him for potential and already have someone performing well in the slot.

That's the reason I am asking. By many accounts, Mangala isn't yet the finished article. On the other hand, MDM is vastly experienced and has been in top form the last few months.
Demichelis might get a rest after the World Cup so if Mangala signs I can see him playing in the Community Shield.

But I'd play him gradually. It's the most difficult position to settle into because playing in the back 4 is mostly about playing as a defensive line without the ball, and that takes time.......as we found out with Demichelis. When the season ended, the defensive line at City was a marvel. That game at Hull when Demichelis organised the back 4 was a turning point. He's a key player for me now, and Mangala would be the future

Theengelbert said:

Well, if you have such a bad taste, there's a simple solution. Dont come and watch City when he's playing or boo each time he has the ball (assuming you are a blue and not a RAG). Fed up of all the constant whingers on here with nothing better to do that quote what they have read in the press. Actually feel quite sorry for these people who believe everything they read about City. As someone has previously stated, he wasn't forced to sign for us.

Finally, the experts see something in Mangala over and above what they saw in Benatia. No offence, but I would suggest they are better qualified than you to decide who is best suited to our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.