Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

pudge said:
MillionDollarDream said:
pudge said:
Remy has a well documented heart problem, it's not the first medical he's "failed"

Seriously don't understand where all the flapping's coming from

Not really flapping as I started off saying could it be possible. Seriously some of y'all are more on edge about flappers than those who are actually flapping.
Remy fails his medical, it's declared, deals off.

If Mangala failed his medical we'd do the same. So no, it's not possible.

So to suggest he could possibly have failed his medical but we're still keeping quiet and drawing comparisons over the length of discussions etc is flapping 101.

This deal is done, much like Fernando and Sagna whose deals took a good while to announce. Those anxious for an announcement will move on to wanting someone else within 24 hours of it.

Also, who types like that? (in bold)

People from Alabama and texas.

Fuck this doubting him every 2 pages and the same argument of him not starting for France in the WC. Just going round and round.

bluecityste said:
Mangala didn't make one appearance at the world cup despite most of the other c b. In the French squad being shit, and were spending up to 32 million on him!

People in football do not have such narrow views on players.

Fernandinho couldn't even get in Brazil's *squad* let alone their team before we paid £30m (actually £34m but his sacrifice of a loyalty bonus took it down) from a considerably weaker league than that which Mangala plays in.

City don't just pick a player, they scout him for months - years in some cases. Mangala has been scouted week after week for a long time.

So the fact France didn't pick him is irrelevant. Absolutely irrelevant. Would you place trust in Deschamps over Pellegrini and Txiki Begiristain who have played the long waiting game to get this player when a very attractive alternative was there for the taking (Benatia)?

Same Deschamps who was incapable of man managing Nasri and felt Clichy wasn't even worth a backup left-back place.

Now, it's entirely possible that City could make a mistake, but just recently our signings have been close to spot on and it's known that Mangala is one of the most admired young centre halfs in Europe. We've just committed to spending the bulk of our budget on him, unlike other admirers who have different priorities.

stavros said:
JJE1988 said:
stavros said:
FUCK OFF RAG .

CAN SPOT THEM A MILE OFF ITS SO OBVIOUS

How? I just replied to another post accusing me of being a rag. I can assure you it's not the case.
I'll be over the moon if he turns out to be the next Kompany for us, I sincerely hope he forms the sort of partnership he and Joleon had a few years back. My comment/ question was aimed at understanding the view of the forum without having to read all the pages and voicing my opinion that £30Mil is a lot of our allowed £49Mil this summer on one CB.

Let's face it, if I were a rag I'd have no right to comment on expensive centre backs, they signed Rio Ferdinand for £30Mil 10 years ago (surely the equivalent of much more in today's market).

Anyway, believe what you want mate, but it's responses like yours which mean life long supporters like me can't ask an honest question and exercise a little caution without being accused of being a rag.

sniff sniff

Childish games mate, people like you will hold this forum back. It generally is a decent place to come and read about gossip/ speculation and read a decent debate about a game/ player. Calling someone out for asking a genuine question is playground stuff

LoveCity said:
bluecityste said:
Mangala didn't make one appearance at the world cup despite most of the other c b. In the French squad being shit, and were spending up to 32 million on him!

Fernandinho couldn't even get in Brazil's *squad* let alone their team before we paid £30m (actually £34m but his sacrifice of a loyalty bonus took it down) from a considerably weaker league than that which Mangala plays in.

City don't just pick a player, they scout him for months - years in some cases. Mangala has been scouted week after week for a long time.

So the fact France didn't pick him is irrelevant. Absolutely irrelevant. Would you place trust in Deschamps over Pellegrini and Txiki Begiristain who have played the long waiting game to get this player when a very attractive alternative was there for the taking (Benatia)?

Same Deschamps who was incapable of man managing Nasri and felt Clichy wasn't even worth a backup left-back place.

Now, it's entirely possible that City could make a mistake, but just recently our signings have been close to spot on and it's known that Mangala is one of the most admired young centre halfs in Europe. We've just committed to spending the bulk of our budget on him, unlike other admirers who have different priorities.

Very valid point, obviously it's not a panic buy and our squad didn't need too much doing to it so why not pay big for a CB. Again, I hope you're right, I hope he wins everything with us next year, but it was a genuine question gents. Chill with the accusations

stavros said:
JJE1988 said:
Sky Blue said:
Yeah we are....joyous in fact.

Fair enough, I hope you're right! If he turns into a 6+ year man and you work it out as 5M/season it becomes much more palatable for a CB. I hope he plays out from the back like Kompany too

FUCK OFF RAG .

CAN SPOT THEM A MILE OFF ITS SO OBVIOUS
Well it ain't to me so cut that out.

LoveCity said:
bluecityste said:

Far too sensible for this thread. Get thee hence, Satan!

Ladies, andy o brien kept dunne out of the irish team for far too long. So quit with the he can't get in the French team stance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.