Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

alera said:
Not at all unexpected. There is loads of twitter activity in the last few minutes saying Porto have dropped the price they wanted for fernando and that deal might still happen on its own.

Other sources saying it was all down to price in the end and the stupid amount Porto were asking in the circumstances is all that stopped both deals gong ahead.

Personally with all the pissing around by Porto I think we should just sign fernando on a free in the summer now.

Lets not cut our nose off to spite our face.

If Fernando wants to come I would love for City to tell Porto to fook off and we sign him on a pre-contract to come in the summer on a free but I think he would add real value to our squad and be invaluable for the second half of the season if we bring him in now!

Sounds like there's been a bit of stand off between Porto and City, Porto won't be happen losing their best players so will stand their corner!!

These things happen, but for me, to give us a stronger position for all the competitions that we are still in, I'd have thought we'd try to bust more of a gut to get at at least one signing to give the squad a bit more fresh blood and a positive lift.

owen-mcfc said:
Least we have lescott.....

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

Is this the same muen that said a couple of hours ago that they were both on a private City jet on the way from Portugal to Manchester? They knew nothing then and they know nothing now.

Even if true then regarding Fenando lets get him on a free in the summer. Re Mangala £38M is an awful lot for someone who is 22 and has only managed 1 cap.

(and you never know, City may be using the muen to play hardball back at Porto with 7 hours left in the window)

Yes nice to get all excited for a bit but look at it in the cold light of day and the fee was too high with FFP to consider. Obviously the third party interest didn't help too. We can go back in the summer if we want to and maybe the player himself will be more interested in coming. Would have taken him time to settle into the PL style anyway so wouldn't have seen the best of him till next season.

BringBackSwales said:
Is this the same muen that said a couple of hours ago that they were both on a private City jet on the way from Portugal to Manchester? They knew nothing then and they know nothing now.

Even if true then regarding Fenando lets get him on a free in the summer. Re Mangala £38M is an awful lot for someone who is 22 and has only managed 1 cap.
We paid £30 million for a 28yr old with 5 caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.