Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

karen7 said:
I'll believe it when i see it
Hope he lives up to the hype

We've already seen that he's signed, that mcfc vid was leaked on purpose. He'ss not been linked to any other team recently either. Do people think that we wouldn't have snapped up another like Benatia by now?

To reply to you last sentence, he isn't worth his fee and he's not a world class CB. He's two years away from elite level imo.

What we have bought is a player who's rapid and good at last ditch challenges who can play the ball nicely. He's very similar to his fellow country man Varane. Our style makes us susceptible to counters and route one over the top balls, we welcome Mangalas speed to make that vital last ditch challenge (whom to his credit, Skrytel is a fine example of this attribute, fantastic at last ditch challenges, fair dues cos I can't stand him).

The problem with Mangala is he does fall asleep positionally. He will be coached and marshalled out of this, Kompany will lead him well.

Our backline will always leak goals due to style of play but what we have in Mangala is somebody who can track back and keep up with 99% of strikers.

I personally rate him but wanted Benatia as he was one of the best CBs of last season and the best in Serie A, however I trust Txiki wholeheartedly and if we've stumped up big for a promising young CB that Vieira himself recommends then I'll be happy. From the managerial change to last summer's business he's been on the money, Jovetic will leave us for top dollar one day if he goes. Fernandinho, we need no words, Negredo and Navas both exceptional at spells.

We are solid now, our backline with Clichy in it is truly rapid comparing to most teams. I like Clichy and Mangala, Kolarov and DeMichellis as pairings.

Thought we got our business done early so new signings could get in a full pre-season to bed in with existing players?

At this rate if he eventually signs he won't be able to play until October.

Gray said:
Thought we got our business done early so new signings could get in a full pre-season to bed in with existing players?

At this rate if he eventually signs he won't be able to play until October.
This was an unusually knotty problem deal due to a variety of factors.
We did our straightforward signings swiftly which raised expectations amonst flappers on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.