Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

allow me
GX Blue said:
No more entries. Just clogs up the thread. Prob best not to quote this either.
Here is an update.
That ITK badge could be given out any day now to some lucky little bugger(s)

6th - manimanc, SPIDERBOY, George Hannah, Oppa gangam style
7th - Jaxite, BlueDejong, Marvin, ColinLee, EVERSINCE 76, Plain Speaking
8th -Mac, markbmcfc, aguero93:20, Wilf Wild 1937, Supercity88, Kupest, bigblueswede
9th - GX Blue, SheeshKebab, bluesiam
10th - Rorz88, Mihai City
11th - xgorton, whp.blue, ohfk, Theo555, Edwaardz
12th - Rammyblues, ShaLaLaSummerbee, Andouble, bornblueegg
13th - WEMBLEY76
14th - Alloboi- Bornlate58
15th - JCB001
16th - Macker
17th - MeatHunterrr
18th -
19th - Glauber Berti
20th -
21st - Jimmybarnesblue
22nd - N, Cobwebcat
23rd - I
24th - B
25th - Z
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th - bumbleblue
30th -
31st - Bojinov29
September - Tricky Trev, Big Dave Watson, dadnlad
January -
Next Summer - jimharri, KippaxCitizen
Utd - Pupper Master Silva
Never - NorthEastScotlandMCFC, city stew

Just want to put my name down for the 12th being the day, cheers :-)

My reasoning? we will already be chirpy after beating arsen's holes and if we lose it is a bit of possitive to combat the negative.

RandomJ said:
He didn't get a game for France and has been on holiday for a few weeks boozing and whatever else so he will be weeks away from match fitness. Every single day this drags on is critical.
I don't think you have much understanding of modern european footballers, we're not signing Richard Dunne, he'll be as fit as required, I would imagine over the last fortnight since the video, he's been following a specific fitness programme arranged by the club, probably supervised by someone from the club.

He'll be fine, and even if he'd been here two weeks ago, which was unlikely since all the players who got past the group stages of the WC arrived back on Monday, its only 4 weeks since he was with France, training, in case required in a world cup game.

Just like Sagna who was with him in Miami, he mentioned in his video on the OS that he remained fit despite his holiday by doing standard exercises and the like.

cleavers said:
RandomJ said:
He didn't get a game for France and has been on holiday for a few weeks boozing and whatever else so he will be weeks away from match fitness. Every single day this drags on is critical.
I don't think you have much understanding of modern european footballers, we're not signing Richard Dunne, he'll be as fit as required, I would imagine over the last fortnight since the video, he's been following a specific fitness programme arranged by the club, probably supervised by someone from the club.

He'll be fine, and even if he'd been here two weeks ago, which was unlikely since all the players who got past the group stages of the WC arrived back on Monday, its only 4 weeks since he was with France, training, in case required in a world cup game.

Hmmm ....ok I see what your saying but not the same as playing matches and he may need time to settle in and get used to Pellers style of play ...

George Hannah said:
allow me
GX Blue said:
No more entries. Just clogs up the thread. Prob best not to quote this either.
Here is an update.
That ITK badge could be given out any day now to some lucky little bugger(s)

6th - manimanc, SPIDERBOY, George Hannah, Oppa gangam style
7th - Jaxite, BlueDejong, Marvin, ColinLee, EVERSINCE 76, Plain Speaking
8th -Mac, markbmcfc, aguero93:20, Wilf Wild 1937, Supercity88, Kupest, bigblueswede
9th - GX Blue, SheeshKebab, bluesiam
10th - Rorz88, Mihai City
11th - xgorton, whp.blue, ohfk, Theo555, Edwaardz
12th - Rammyblues, ShaLaLaSummerbee, Andouble, bornblueegg
13th - WEMBLEY76
14th - Alloboi- Bornlate58
15th - JCB001
16th - Macker
17th - MeatHunterrr
18th -
19th - Glauber Berti
20th -
21st - Jimmybarnesblue
22nd - N, Cobwebcat
23rd - I
24th - B
25th - Z
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th - bumbleblue
30th -
31st - Bojinov29
September - Tricky Trev, Big Dave Watson, dadnlad
January -
Next Summer - jimharri, KippaxCitizen
Utd - Pupper Master Silva
Never - NorthEastScotlandMCFC, city stew
It's going to be tomorrow :)
NESMCFC and City stew realise they'll be waiting about 13 years to be proved right if they are right?

NipHolmes said:
karen7 said:
I'll believe it when i see it
Hope he lives up to the hype

We've already seen that he's signed, that mcfc vid was leaked on purpose. He'ss not been linked to any other team recently either. Do people think that we wouldn't have snapped up another like Benatia by now?

To reply to you last sentence, he isn't worth his fee and he's not a world class CB. He's two years away from elite level imo.

What we have bought is a player who's rapid and good at last ditch challenges who can play the ball nicely. He's very similar to his fellow country man Varane. Our style makes us susceptible to counters and route one over the top balls, we welcome Mangalas speed to make that vital last ditch challenge (whom to his credit, Skrytel is a fine example of this attribute, fantastic at last ditch challenges, fair dues cos I can't stand him).

The problem with Mangala is he does fall asleep positionally. He will be coached and marshalled out of this, Kompany will lead him well.

Our backline will always leak goals due to style of play but what we have in Mangala is somebody who can track back and keep up with 99% of strikers.

I personally rate him but wanted Benatia as he was one of the best CBs of last season and the best in Serie A, however I trust Txiki wholeheartedly and if we've stumped up big for a promising young CB that Vieira himself recommends then I'll be happy. From the managerial change to last summer's business he's been on the money, Jovetic will leave us for top dollar one day if he goes. Fernandinho, we need no words, Negredo and Navas both exceptional at spells.

We are solid now, our backline with Clichy in it is truly rapid comparing to most teams. I like Clichy and Mangala, Kolarov and DeMichellis as pairings.
sounds like Micah when he started out at centre back

I have it on good authority that it will be announced at 4pm tomorrow

TrueBlue1705 said:
Hmmm ....ok I see what your saying but not the same as playing matches and he may need time to settle in and get used to Pellers style of play ...
Regarding true match fitness, so ignoring friendlies, since some of them will not have played a competetive match siince mid May, some since near the end of June, those that have played in the later stages of the WC early July. So who exactly is more match fit ?

Regards integrating, well that takes different players, different lengths of time to come to terms with, some (Fernandhino) were at it after 2 or 3 games last year, others (Demechelis) took a few months, a few days (and its still only 4 for most of the squad) are not going to make a huge difference.

I understand some of the worries, but the flapping on this thread has been quite special. He's already "signed", we all saw that, he'll have kept himself fit (I highlighted the "boozing" in particular as its a stupid thing to say), the rest will come together quickly once its declared "official".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.