Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

I dunno, we will have Kompany, MDM Kolorov and Zab back for the Newcastle and Dippers games, the same defence that won the title, personally wouldn't start Mangala in first couple of games anyway but introduce him gradually. For me no worries, and my prediction of Tuesday is looking good. :-)

Whilst I do expect him to become a City player imminently, personally I do not rule out the possibility that it might not happen.

Clearly, it's not "done" or it would be announced. And also clearly, we wouldn't plan on THE key signing of the window, missing all preseason training and starting a heavy opening fixture list with a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us. No shit Sherlock.

So the only logical conclusion is that there is some sticking point contractually/commercially and since this has been going on for weeks, I can only assume it's something where both sides are standing firm and waiting for the other side to concede. If it wasn't some sort of impasse, it would have been sorted out weeks ago. It strikes me as entirely possible that we will hold our line and so will the other party and the deal will not proceed. As I say, I am not expecting this, but I certainly don't rule it out.

This is not flapping - it's just my reading of the situation. And it's also not flapping because I am not that bothered. Nasty/Boyata/MDM/Komps can do a job for us if need be. I'd love Mangala on board, but if it isn't to be, we'll manage.

If we eventually do sign him he'd better turn out to be a City legend over time, otherwise harsh words will be spoken!!!

We have a sighting!

Well, no we don't. In fact, there is absolutely no way of verifying this is Mangala.

Saw it on Twitter:

Buh0YhJIQAAknaq.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.