Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Because I'm not a hypocrite nor do I bury my head in the sand. We got lucky and bought success, someone tell me I'm wrong. It's not a problem to me, it's the club I love, however we win trophies is fine with me, I'd argue after years of suffering we deserve this good fortune. You need money to compete and we have billions.

Anyway this is a transfer thread about Mangala, lets not turn this into a completely different topic.

Oh well, fair enough. At least you admit to slagging off the club and its staff.

Well done.

If, for whatever reason, me saying we overpaid for players and did exactly the same thing PSG are currently doing is slagging off the club and officials off, then chuck me in a cell and throw away the key. I'm guilty your honour.

You have derailed the thread with the blindingly obvious whilst for some reason wanting to defend PSG whilst casting your own club in a less than favourable light.

Then when challenged about it say keep on topic.

80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
You're wrong. I distinctly remember David Beckham, Bald Bobby Ticket Tout, Shit on the Lou Macari and Gordon Over The Hill all telling me on Talkshite 5 years ago, that money couldn't buy success.........

Sounds about right. I'm under absolutely no illusions, we are where we are today because of Sheikh Mansours money and I'm certain 99% of blues agree.

You seem rather desperate to hammer this point home fella.

Why you and the rest of the objectors are so afraid to admit it, is what puzzles me. When we first got took over we embraced it, I distinctly remember us singing songs like "we'll buy your club and burn it down" people seem afraid to admit we spent money and lots of it to get where we are.

I've finished on the subject anyway. Mangala is overpriced ;)

dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Sounds about right. I'm under absolutely no illusions, we are where we are today because of Sheikh Mansours money and I'm certain 99% of blues agree.

Why you and the rest of the objectors are so afraid to admit it, is what puzzles me. When we first got took over we embraced it, I distinctly remember us singing songs like "we'll buy your club and burn it down" people seem afraid to admit we spent money and lots of it to get where we are.

What on earth are you talking about.

"Objectors" ?

You are stating the obvious and yet seem to be using it as a stick to beat your own club with.

Bizarre to say the least.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Because I'm not a hypocrite nor do I bury my head in the sand. We got lucky and bought success, someone tell me I'm wrong. It's not a problem to me, it's the club I love, however we win trophies is fine with me, I'd argue after years of suffering we deserve this good fortune. You need money to compete and we have billions.

Anyway this is a transfer thread about Mangala, lets not turn this into a completely different topic.

Oh well, fair enough. At least you admit to slagging off the club and its staff.

Well done.

If, for whatever reason, me saying we overpaid for players and did exactly the same thing PSG are currently doing is slagging off the club and officials off, then chuck me in a cell and throw away the key. I'm guilty your honour.
You've gone out your way to create this argument about why PSG shouldn't have a bad word said against them, in doing so parroting the words of every rag in the world by making sure no-one here is under the impression we didn't just buy our way to success.

Nobody in this thread is actually representing the viewpoint you are so vociferously trying to to oppose, so what your motives are is my question?

dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

I can see by your Join date that you're a Johnny-cum-lately and are now bored of the project. You Sir are a disgrace.

80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:

What on earth are you talking about.

"Objectors" ?

You are stating the obvious and yet seem to be using it as a stick to beat your own club with.

Bizarre to say the least.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

I don't know how we've ended up arguing about something we agree on. Anyway, I've never used it as a stick to beat the club with. Simply, I won't say bad things about other clubs spending big. Not entirely sure it was even you that brought up PSG.

Back to Mangala folks.

dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

You seem to be very sensitive, mate. All I said is our owners have learned and don't operate the same way they did back then. We had to overpay for players back then, now we don't. And since Cheeky and Ferran took over, we have looked for better fits and have held out for better value than we did when Cook and Co. were in charge. I'd be interested to know if you think the club has overpaid for players since they took over.

If you think the Sheikh is hand-picking his players, you're wrong -- he's not like Abramovich. He's hired the best in the biz (Cheeky and Ferran) to do that for him. Yes, we are still owned by the Sheikh, but everything except the signature on the check has changed since that time.

Cant say I am disappointed that we didn't sign defender for almost record fee that plays in Portugal ad cant make starting XI for French NT

And can someone shut Dan up and teach him how to open thread, cause he obviously can't do that since he's going off topic all the time in layers thread

Been reported now in USA that City will look at Dortmund pair Matts Hummels and Nevan Subotic along with Mangala in the Summer as a partner for Vincent Kompany ....both the Dortmund centerbacks could be used in a swap deal for Dzeko ...... Fox soccer USA report

citykev28 said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
80s Shorts said:

I can see by your Join date that you're a Johnny-cum-lately and are now bored of the project. You Sir are a disgrace.

I love people like you, go on, show us all your York away ticket, Mr super fan and I will happily show you a picture of me in the final game of the old Kippax on my 4th birthday, Johnny-cum-lately, wind your fucking neck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.