Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Don't know why people get their knickers in a twist over North v South.
I'm the ripe old age of 70+ born and bred in Manchester and Manchester v London as a place to live has always provoked passion but at the end of the day when the cost of living to a top footballer does not enter the equation it is pretty hard to make a case for Manchester over London.
London is one of the World's great City's and offers everything including far better weather.

Jack Wills said:
Not sure why we're so keen on this guy if he doesn't really want to come. He seems to want Chelsea so let him fuck off to London. Is he really so good that we need him that much? Surely Benatia is as good if not better, he also costs a bit less and actually wants to come here. So why are we fucking about with this Mangala character?

I agree Mate......Benatia seems the right option.....and best fit for us winning CL this season.... ;)

It appears that City have been monitoring Mangala for some considderable time. And as we all know, buying players without knowing a lot about them and their development often turns out in to a misfit (and we have had many since the Shinawatra-area). Ever since Txiki took over, it seems we get good players for good value. Somehow he and his staff feel Mangala to be the best option to play alongside Kompany, rotating with Nastasic and has a few more years to further develop himself.

Benatia has had two great seasons with Udinese and Roma, but it was his performances with Roma that got him in the picture. City may be convinced about him, Í get the feeling it's Mangala they prefer. And as he plays for Marocco, he will be off to the African Cup in Januari.

As for all this "he wants to go to Chelsea"-rubbish. I'm sure he was quoted prefering Chelsea because it was beased in London. i don't know the context in which it was mentioned, but obviously the media makes a big issue out of this to keep the pages filled. I've never read Chelsea were actually interested in him and so far they are making no noises as well.

There's not much between both players, so iether one coming in would sue me as we do need another leftfooted CB to rotate with Nastasic. May the best play the important games. Both will get to 25plus.

andyhinch said:
TonyM said:
The story that he doesn't want to live in Manchester is most likely false (snippet of a comment taken out to context). The story that Benatia refuses to train is most likely false (assumptions taken as fact). And the story that Yaya is a Cnut is also a load of tosh. It's all media generated crap that people decide to take as fact. Can't wait for the window to shut as usual. Thank goodness for the distraction of the World Cup.
Yellow snow is also good for you.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01LKv2j0ST0[/video]
apparently so

Not too worked up about this despite the 'reports' of him not wanting to come. If he does come to City, he will soon change his mind and want to improve his game as he gets skinned time after time in training by Spanish Dave and co.

So going by reports, Mangala is option A but there's a ? Over him so that's why we've opened talks with Benatia just incase Mangala says no. Benatia is the better& more complete defender as he's 4 years older, with Mangala showing potential of reaching such heights. Sounds like a recipe for disaster but I'm keeping faith Txiki, Ferran, Khladoon & Manuel make the correct decision.

onceabluealways said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
forevermancity said:
He had his chance in jan, he had another chance before the World Cup. If he moved in jan then this FFP restriction wouldn't be a problem. Get benatia in, get a better player who wants to be here and also send out a message to players that we won't be messed about

I agree....Benatia all the way!! Seems such an easy choice to me.....training starts Monday and Benatia could be here working out with the lads....Signing Benatia just seems the right way to go on so many levels, but what do I know......

The bnig downside to signing Benatia is ACON every two years

Morocco isn't a really good team and usually exit in the first round, they also haven't made the World Cup in quite some time either. They might not of made ACON this year had they not been the host nation.

MillionDollarDream said:
onceabluealways said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I agree....Benatia all the way!! Seems such an easy choice to me.....training starts Monday and Benatia could be here working out with the lads....Signing Benatia just seems the right way to go on so many levels, but what do I know......

Morocco isn't a really good team and usually exit in the first round, they also haven't made the World Cup in quite some time either. They might not of made ACON this year had they not been the history nation.
what does "history nation" mean and does it have something to do with them being the host country for ACON 2015?

George Hannah said:
MillionDollarDream said:
onceabluealways said:

Morocco isn't a really good team and usually exit in the first round, they also haven't made the World Cup in quite some time either. They might not of made ACON this year had they not been the history nation.
what does "history nation" mean and does it have something to do with them being the host country for ACON 2015?
.edited for accuracy

Not seen any of Mangala and still not seen him on this World Cup? Why are we looking to buy him for so much money when the French are picking Sakho ahead of him.... who's dogshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.