Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Rammyblues said:
JJE1988 wrote:
Hi All,
I haven't seen too much of this guy, are we all happy that City are spending £32Mil on a centre half? Is he really that good, and do we see him sticking around for 6-8 years to make the fee seem better value for money?

Yes and Yes, bloody summer colds sniff sniff.
Stop beating round the bush and tell him we know he's a rag.

aguero93:20 said:
Rammyblues said:
JJE1988 wrote:
Hi All,
I haven't seen too much of this guy, are we all happy that City are spending £32Mil on a centre half? Is he really that good, and do we see him sticking around for 6-8 years to make the fee seem better value for money?

Yes and Yes, bloody summer colds sniff sniff.
Stop beating round the bush and tell him we know he's a rag.

I'm absolutely not a rag, not for one second.
My question was asked in good faith and I merely wanted to understand common opinion without having to read 300+ pages about the player.
I'll be over the moon if he signs, sticks around for a decent period and proves we were right to secure his services at a cost of £30Mil.

That said, I would prefer £30Mil to be spent on a more 'glamorous' player, just my personal preference, I know many will disagree. Ultimately though, our £20-30Mil signings in the past have brought great success to the club and are generally our favourite players (Yaya, Agüero etc) whilst many fans favourite defenders are the long serving cheaper options (Zaba, Kompany etc)

Hope that clears up why I asked the question

JJE1988 said:
Sky Blue said:
JJE1988 said:
Hi All,

Yeah we are....joyous in fact.

Fair enough, I hope you're right! If he turns into a 6+ year man and you work it out as 5M/season it becomes much more palatable for a CB. I hope he plays out from the back like Kompany too

FUCK OFF RAG .

CAN SPOT THEM A MILE OFF ITS SO OBVIOUS

stavros said:
JJE1988 said:
Sky Blue said:
Yeah we are....joyous in fact.

Fair enough, I hope you're right! If he turns into a 6+ year man and you work it out as 5M/season it becomes much more palatable for a CB. I hope he plays out from the back like Kompany too

FUCK OFF RAG .

How? I just replied to another post accusing me of being a rag. I can assure you it's not the case.
I'll be over the moon if he turns out to be the next Kompany for us, I sincerely hope he forms the sort of partnership he and Joleon had a few years back. My comment/ question was aimed at understanding the view of the forum without having to read all the pages and voicing my opinion that £30Mil is a lot of our allowed £49Mil this summer on one CB.

Let's face it, if I were a rag I'd have no right to comment on expensive centre backs, they signed Rio Ferdinand for £30Mil 10 years ago (surely the equivalent of much more in today's market).

Anyway, believe what you want mate, but it's responses like yours which mean life long supporters like me can't ask an honest question and exercise a little caution without being accused of being a rag.

Why is it obvious that he is a rag???????
Mangala didn't make one appearance at the world cup despite most of the other c b. In the French squad being shit, and were spending up to 32 million on him!

To most people this must seem strange, so calling him out as a rag (which might be true, who knows) is a bit silly on this occasion.... The question is a fair one.

JJE1988 said:
stavros said:
JJE1988 said:

FUCK OFF RAG .

How? I just replied to another post accusing me of being a rag. I can assure you it's not the case.
I'll be over the moon if he turns out to be the next Kompany for us, I sincerely hope he forms the sort of partnership he and Joleon had a few years back. My comment/ question was aimed at understanding the view of the forum without having to read all the pages and voicing my opinion that £30Mil is a lot of our allowed £49Mil this summer on one CB.

Let's face it, if I were a rag I'd have no right to comment on expensive centre backs, they signed Rio Ferdinand for £30Mil 10 years ago (surely the equivalent of much more in today's market).

Anyway, believe what you want mate, but it's responses like yours which mean life long supporters like me can't ask an honest question and exercise a little caution without being accused of being a rag.

sniff sniff

bluecityste said:
Mangala didn't make one appearance at the world cup despite most of the other c b. In the French squad being shit, and were spending up to 32 million on him!

To most people this must seem strange, so calling him out as a rag (which might be true, who knows) is a bit silly on this occasion.... The question is a fair one.
How many meaningful games did Luke Shaw play for a poor England team?

bluecityste said:

even baca signed Jeremy
Mathieu by £16m from Valencia. so mangala's price is fair enough for inflated transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.