Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
is he a better prospect than zouma? are we in for both ? also my mate told me a few months ago that alvarez balanta is one of the best cb prospects in the world anyone heard of him ?

kye1991 said:
is he a better prospect than zouma? are we in for both ? also my mate told me a few months ago that alvarez balanta is one of the best cb prospects in the world anyone heard of him ?

Heard about Balanta. Said to be the best young CB in South America and Barcelona are in for him.

A summary of Mangala's CL match ratings for this campaign, (I also did a similar compilation for Celtic's Virgil van Dijk in that thread
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=295755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=295755</a> )

Away v Austria Wien, won 1 nil, 18/9/13
Eliaquim Mangala 3/5 Hardly put a foot wrong at the back, and attended to his defensive duties with diligence. In all honesty though, his task was not the most difficult.

Home v Ath Madrid, lost 2-1, 1/10/13
Eliaquim Mangala 3/5 Drawn into too many fouls once the visitors perked up. Conceded free kick on the edge of the box that led to the winning goal.

Home v Zenit, lost 1 nil, 22/10/13
Eliaquim Mangala 4/5 With some of Europe's top clubs circling, the young Frenchman was a rock at the heart of his side's defence before Kerzhakov stole all three points with a late header

Away v Zenit, draw 1-1, 6/11/13
Eliaquim Mangala 2/5 Did not play to his full potential and fouled Hulk in the penalty box late on, when he should have conceded a penalty

Home v Austria Wien, draw 1-1, 26/11/13
Eliaquim Mangala 3/5 Superb back-post header laid on the Martinez equaliser but was quiet either side of that. Forced up front late on but had little impact.

Away v Ath Madrid, lost 2-0, 11/12/13
Eliaquim Mangala 3/5 The athleticism of the French central defender allowed for him to make some excellent recovering tackles

Earlier in the thread someone said the lad can play RCB. Is there any evidence to support this? Seems to play almost exclusively LCB for Porto and from what I can tell is very left footed.

If this comes off its a big kick in the nuts for Rekik and Nasastic. Don't understand it personally. Its the right side of the defense where we need to be investing big money in world class young talent.

Not a kick in the teeth for Rekik as he is young and would accept his place.

Personally if we signed him I would sell Nastasic whilst we can still expect a good fee for him......no where near good enough with his decision making.

FrancoisToure said:
Earlier in the thread someone said the lad can play RCB. Is there any evidence to support this? Seems to play almost exclusively LCB for Porto and from what I can tell is very left footed.

If this comes off its a big kick in the nuts for Rekik and Nasastic. Don't understand it personally. Its the right side of the defense where we need to be investing big money in world class young talent.

With Lescott leaving we claerly need a left sided centre half to provide Nastasic with competition, Mangala and nastasic could rotate quite well I'd have thought. Rekik isn't really ready to be playing regularly in the heart of our defence, he only turn 19 a month ago.

bluecityste said:
Not a kick in the teeth for Rekik as he is young and would accept his place.

Personally if we signed him I would sell Nastasic whilst we can still expect a good fee for him......no where near good enough with his decision making.

entitled to your opinion but I completely disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.