Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala On His Way To City?

penalty spot said:
If this is so it would make more sense for next season as he would be unable to play for us in Europe, if we were still in that is.

That isn't an issue.
By him not being able to play in Europe it would enable the likes of Kompany and (or) Nastasic to perhaps miss a few of the games before or after the european games, meaning they themsleves would stay fresher and lower the risk of injuries or fatigue.

Lomas has a lob on said:
penalty spot said:
If this is so it would make more sense for next season as he would be unable to play for us in Europe, if we were still in that is.

That isn't an issue.
By him not being able to play in Europe it would enable the likes of Kompany and (or) Nastasic to perhaps miss a few of the games before or after the european games, meaning they themsleves would stay fresher and lower the risk of injuries or fatigue.

Yes I see the logic in that. Maybe lescott would also be allowed to leave in the same window.

It might be the delivery or training, but we're pretty shit at corners. He'd add a massive threat attacking and defending them with his height, jumping and heading. Plus, no more Garcia at CB. Apparently he was alright the the Portuguese league, maybe a swap + cash?

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Plus, no more Garcia at CB. Apparently he was alright the the Portuguese league, maybe a swap + cash?
Yeah... 25million or 26mill + garcia :-) unfortunately cant see garcia going to benfica rivals in porto.. we definitely need a left sided defender though as cover/ rotation (once lescott goes)

Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic, Demichellis and Rekik would be great for next season.

Lescott and Garcia ain't good enough.

RobertBlue said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Plus, no more Garcia at CB. Apparently he was alright the the Portuguese league, maybe a swap + cash?
Yeah... 25million or 26mill + garcia :-) unfortunately cant see garcia going to benfica rivals in porto.. we definitely need a left sided defender though as cover/ rotation (once lescott goes)

Most teams play with two right footed CB's, why can't we? Pellegrini did at Malaga with Demichellis and Lugano.

Kompany can play on the left as can Demichellis if need be. Plus we'll have Rekik back.

blinkblue said:
Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic, Demichellis and Rekik would be great for next season.

RobertBlue said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

Most teams play with two right footed CB's, why can't we? Pellegrini did at Malaga with Demichellis and Lugano.

Kompany can play on the left as can Demichellis if need be. Plus we'll have Rekik back.
Having a left footed CB doesn't hurt though. I don't know about his leadership ability but he seems to be very similar to Kompany. His aggression and pace and heading is magnificent from what I've seen. Can see him and Nasty becoming the best CB pairing we've had.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
blinkblue said:

RobertBlue said:

Having a left footed CB doesn't hurt though.

I Know I just think Nastasic and Rekik will suffice.

There is also the option he covers left back... I think today has shown hes needed for next season/ jan. Plus I think nasty will be a lot more confident in 6 months time under pellegrini to play along side another young player.

Everyone raves about Mangala and with the clubs linked to him (Barca, Chelsea, MU, etc ) I assume there must be some substance to the hype.

My worry is that to date (barring his caps) he's played in Belgium and now Portugal. Highly rated portugues based players with no other big league experience always scare me. That league has a few good teams and then the standard falls off a cliff. Hard to judge someone playing for Porto/Benfica on their league form alone.

Was Lescott just rested @ Stoke or is he so out of favour that Garcia (another portuguese league star) of all people gets a CB spot ahead of him? That worries me. I'd even play Rodwell before Garcia at CB. Or Boyata.

Surely Garcia can only be considered for the holding/anchor job now we've no Barry. If not then who is going to be the anchor man? Is this Fernandinho's ideal role? I hope so, because it's between him and Garcia imo.

Rodwell doesn't seem right for that job and Yaya is wasted there. He's better centrally with license to go forward. Whole team improves when Yaya enjoys bossing midfield.

weeboogie said:
Everyone raves about Mangala and with the clubs linked to him (Barca, Chelsea, MU, etc ) I assume there must be some substance to the hype.

My worry is that to date (barring his caps) he's played in Belgium and now Portugal. Highly rated portugues based players with no other big league experience always scare me. That league has a few good teams and then the standard falls off a cliff. Hard to judge someone playing for Porto/Benfica on their league form alone.

Ronaldo
Hulk
Moutinho
Rodriguez
Coentrao
Ramires
David luiz

Were probably all based mainly on league form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.