Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

You’re aware it’s a car manufacturer yeah?
To say that Tesla isn't a tech company is just completely misunderstanding where the car industry is going. Cars are going to be completely defined by software and not the car itself. The manufacturing element of a car will be completely irrelevant as EV's are meant to be simplified to the point where it can be almost completely automated.

Every car will soon be exactly the same where manufacturing is a formality, it's just a battery driving a motor which drives a shaft connected to 4 wheels and a chassis. There isn't any need for complex manufacturing, they don't need to spend millions in R&D to build a gearbox or new engines to satisfy emissions blah blah, it's irrelevant.

The defining difference between any car and a Tesla will be software and how much expertise do you think the likes of BMW has in the software market? Next to zero, they know absolutely jack shite. Tesla meanwhile has the best of Silicon Valley and they've been doing it for over a decade.... Therefore, they're a tech company.

Either way, if Tesla is purely a car manufacturer and should be treated as such then I still await an explanation as to how my previous post is wrong because which car companies are currently doing well?

Ford, down 44%

Daimler, down 10%

VW, down 25%

Toyota, down 13%

Honda, down 20%

GM, down 41%

Last edited:
Can’t decide if he thought he’d actually win the poll, or if he’s had enough and wants to appoint a new CEO anyway. Either way, I’ll take any kind of public humiliation for him.

To say that Tesla isn't a tech company is just completely misunderstanding where the car industry is going. Cars are going to be completely defined by software and not the car itself. The manufacturing element of a car will be completely irrelevant as EV's are meant to be simplified to the point where it can be almost completely automated.

Every car will soon be exactly the same where manufacturing is a formality, it's just a battery driving a motor which drives a shaft connected to 4 wheels and a chassis. There isn't any need for complex manufacturing, they don't need to spend millions in R&D to build a gearbox or new engines to satisfy emissions blah blah, it's irrelevant.

The defining difference between any car and a Tesla will be software and how much expertise do you think the likes of BMW has in the software market? Next to zero, they know absolutely jack shite. Tesla meanwhile has the best of Silicon Valley and they've been doing it for over a decade.... Therefore, they're a tech company.

Either way, if Tesla is purely a car manufacturer and should be treated as such then I still await an explanation as to how my previous post is wrong because which car companies are currently doing well?

Ford, down 44%

Daimler, down 10%

VW, down 25%

Toyota, down 13%

Honda, down 20%

GM, down 41%

Other than Musk seemingly trying his best to tank it. Tesla’s biggest issue seems to be cost cutting. The build quality and software quality has ( according to the 3/4 tesla owners I work with, all very experienced software engineers ) dropped like a stone in recent months.

Tesla has gone from a “must have” to a “should avoid” very quickly.

None of this will be helped by the fact that Musk has moved loads of SpaceX and Tesla engineers over to help on Twitter.

Ford, down 44%

Daimler, down 10%

VW, down 25%

Toyota, down 13%

Honda, down 20%

GM, down 41%
And Tesla down 63% from its peak, and falling.

It’s a car company that got ahead of the game on EVs and its rivals are rapidly catching up. No way is it worth more than GM, Ford, Toyota, Mercedes and VW combined - which is what the current deflated share price suggests even now. It’s a bubble that is still in the middle of bursting.

Ford, down 44%

Daimler, down 10%

VW, down 25%

Toyota, down 13%

Honda, down 20%

GM, down 41%
Wow, it's a good thing for Tesla that neither style nor reliability nor brand nor cost will matter to the consumer.

Last edited:
He's trying to micro manage Twitter and pander to these weird alt right accounts that slob him off. All going tits up, Jack Dorsey wondering wtf has happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.