Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

The people who think he's fucked it are still on it then?

Excellent ;-)

It still has some uses when looking for certain information ( Developer communites etc I use it for are still OK on there ), but there is no doubting its fucked compared to what it was.

If you take a look into the "for you" section you can witness bubbles forming in front of your eyes. the Adverts are getting nuts, some game adverts on there are taller than full page. Bots are rife.

Community notes however are a decent Idea.

It still has some uses when looking for certain information ( Developer communites etc I use it for are still OK on there ), but there is no doubting its fucked compared to what it was.

If you take a look into the "for you" section you can witness bubbles forming in front of your eyes. the Adverts are getting nuts, some game adverts on there are taller than full page. Bots are rife.

Community notes however are a decent Idea.

When you try to look at most websites on android now it's appalling just how many adverts there are, some sites are genuinely unusable.

Twitters biggest problem is that many users believe only the people they like should be allowed a voice, you see it on here too when people are called WUMS because other posters don't follow the hive mind.

Developer communities access sounds useful, most of it isn't.

When you try to look at most websites on android now it's appalling just how many adverts there are, some sites are genuinely unusable.

Twitters biggest problem is that many users believe only the people they like should be allowed a voice, you see it on here too when people are called WUMS because other posters don't follow the hive mind.

Twitter’s (and bluemoon’s) biggest problem is that some people think everyone should be mandated to listen to and believe them, and when that doesn’t happen or they get castigated for the shit they post, they throw their toys out of the pram.

It’s a very simple rule — if you don’t like what people say about your tweets (or posts), leave or stop yer bitchin’. Know your audience and stay in your lane. It’s the first two rules of public speaking.

I never post, I’ve blocked well nigh thousands of ads and other tweeters, I nearly never read comments sections about anything, and the algorithm finally seems to feed me what I care about: City, music, news on certain topics, and a dozen tweeters whose perspective I regularly enjoy. Took a lot of work but finally a semi-reasonable experience.

Twitter’s (and bluemoon’s) biggest problem is that some people think everyone should be mandated to listen to and believe them, and when that doesn’t happen or they get castigated for the shit they post, they throw their toys out of the pram.

It’s a very simple rule — if you don’t like what people say about your tweets (or posts), leave or stop yer bitchin’. Know your audience and stay in your lane. It’s the first two rules of public speaking.

I never post, I’ve blocked well nigh thousands of ads and other tweeters, I nearly never read comments sections about anything, and the algorithm finally seems to feed me what I care about: City, music, news on certain topics, and a dozen tweeters whose perspective I regularly enjoy. Took a lot of work but finally a semi-reasonable experience.
Sounds like a lot of work to get a credence of truth. No wonder people are so fucked.

Yeah its shocking. Ive totally given up even trying to read the Manchester evening news site now.

I just deleted twitter from my phone, and logged out of facebook in my browser ( not had the app for ages ). I've not killed the accounts but just adding a barrier from the constant doom scrolling.

Just a thought, but...
How do you ruin somthing that was shit in the first place?
As is all social media - Basically a channel where you can say somthing obnoxious to others without getting a punch in the face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.