Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Never ever had an account on there until Musk made it mandatory to have one to read comments. So I signed up but never post.

I look on there maybe once a week for 15 mins. The main stuff I do with it is read football pages when they're linked on forums.

Politically, it's an absolutely insane place so I tend to stay away from that. Then there's all the fakes and bots etc.

Like all social media it has potential and is an amazing idea in theory, but the flaws of humanity will always destroy it. Some good can come from it too though, because good people can do great things in huge numbers.

You think JK Rowling is one of the two worst people in the world?

Astonishing that someone who got so much success creating a series that teaches kids the values of tolerance and acceptance to go down a strange gender critical rabbit hole. Khelif isn't a trans person, we don't even know if she's DSD and the IBA are a disgraced organisation no longer fit for purpose.

I came off there 10 days ago. Mainly because of all the far-right bullshit regarding the riots and the amount of time I was taking calling people racist cunts. It's bad enough with having to put rival fans in their place all the time regarding the PL case against City but despite all that I found it a decent place to keep up to speed with genuine fan related issues, hence why I thought I couldn't do without it.

Well I have to say that after 10 days I haven't missed it one fucking bit!

I came off there 10 days ago. Mainly because of all the far-right bullshit regarding the riots and the amount of time I was taking calling people racist cunts. It's bad enough with having to put rival fans in their place all the time regarding the PL case against City but despite all that I found it a decent place to keep up to speed with genuine fan related issues, hence why I thought I couldn't do without it.

Well I have to say that after 10 days I haven't missed it one fucking bit!

This.

Fomo keeps people on these platforms but the reality is life still goes on and any minor inconvenience is offset by the benefits. If people are serious about it being a cesspit then they need to vote with their feet like you have. The idea that these platforms are just a fact of life is untrue. The likes of the Mayan and Roman empires collapsed so I'm pretty sure with a bit of will the likes of Musk can be sacked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.