Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

So it's a bad deal? I thought you were playing dumb.
A late night injection of dry humour and I mustn't give up my day job.

Maybe it's not a bad deal, as Mr Musk mentioned he has to make his new aquistion pay alongside the advertising. I don't think $8 dollars is particularly excesive when its aimed primarily at governments celebs and people of notable distinction. I don't use the service but would imagine it's still free to air for your average joe ? Doesn't it also control bots and reduce spam.

Maybe it's not a bad deal, as Mr Musk mentioned he has to make his new aquistion pay alongside the advertising. I don't think $8 dollars is particularly excesive when its aimed primarily at governments celebs and people of notable distinction. I don't use the service but would imagine it's still free to air for your average joe ? Doesn't it also control bots and reduce spam.
If people don't like it then they don't pay, we pay for most things why not this.

200,000 blue ticks at $8 per month is $19.2m.

That’s going to cover less than a week’s debt financing on the bank loans he used to finance the deal.

It’s bullshit and it certainly won’t do anything about bots or spam.

That’s going to cover less than a week’s debt financing on the bank loans he used to finance the deal.

I think he'd need to go from the current 400,000 verified accounts to 6.25m just to service the new debt.

The good thing about twitter was until about 12 years ago you couldn't keep tabs on local cricket scores without listening to a radio and getting hourly bulletins. Recently they were trying to force you to log in to view the accounts, you glimpse the last few tweets and the sign in bollocks comes up. I suppose that created millions of new accounts just to view which could be valued at the takeover.

It was in excess of 400,000 ticks in 2021 but unsure of this years figure so maybe $40m plus. Elon seems to think it will impact bots and spam and the systems been in situ for over a decade now. The chief twit seems to be a sharp enough dude but it will be the market economy that decides

From having a quick glance its primarally aimed at musicians, influencers, actors, brands, politicians and journos.
I dont think $8 is excessive to this target market.

They make around $4 billion on advertising think that will cover it

They make around $4 billion on advertising think that will cover it

...You do realise they've only posted a profit in 2 of the past 10 years?

Also twitter only started making money off advertising when they started banning all the hate speech?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.