Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Potential future earnings, same as most young companies/IPOs etc. Facebook had never even broken even when they went public.
It seems a high price to pay for potential future earnings, but who am I to question the richest man in the world.

I believe there are circa 400k people paying $5 a month for Twitter Blue which was introduced pre-Musk take over and provided premium features. I sense as well as pissing off existing blue ticket people, he's also alienated the existing Twitter Blue revenue stream.

Say he gets 1 million people to subscribe (highly unlikley), that's <$100m revenue pa. If he goes IPO in 3-5 years, I can't see a business model that make Twitter attractive to any investor.

Time for some smart people to build open-source next gen (Twitter like) social network.

...You do realise they've only posted a profit in 2 of the past 10 years?

Also twitter only started making money off advertising when they started banning all the hate speech?

I remember seeing reports years ago about that but banks a a happy a money keeps coming in and now I’d expect Elon musk will make plenty of money from Twitter..

I remember seeing reports years ago about that but banks a a happy a money keeps coming in and now I’d expect Elon musk will make plenty of money from Twitter..
The banks have warned shareholders they expect to make a substantial loss on these loans.

So without toddling off for an in depth read, why the $44 billion price tag?
The 420 in $54.20 per share offer was his lame weed joke and he over valued by around $8 per share when the markets were high when he made the offer at the start of the year. By the time he had to close at $54.20 it over valued each share by around $25-27 per share.

He may be the richest man alive (mainly due to a weird Tesla share price against its own turnover and profit) but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t dropped a major bollock on this one. He spent most of the year trying to get out of the deal and only relented 3 days before his deposition for the court case the Twitter board brought against him for breach of contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.