Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

The tweets from Oliver Darcy seem to indicate that he isn't acting rationally - he also seems to be focussing in on Free Speech in America............ there are just over 330m American citizens - under 78m use twitter. there are nearly 400m Twitter users worldwide. His focus is completely misplaced - he could take Twitter down to say 100m users mostly in the States but that leaves him with a rump of 25% of what he bought. I suspect he is scared - also probably the banks that loaned him the dosh to do this purchase are shitting themselves too. He is unlikely to go bust but its gonna be fun watching a multi-billionaire become a millionaire over the next couple of years

I suspect the banks know what they are doing.

Twitter is just a big snapchat. They probably want him to fail and then they get to make a power play for the innovative parts of his empire.

Tesla and Spacex will still be around in 25 years. Twitter will go the way of MSN and Blackberry.

Well earlier on 5Live reported he was speaking to a conference of investors in NYC and told them he overpaid big time for Twitter. He says stock value was $14 per share but he was forced to pay $54 per share and he wants out asap.

Why tell that to investors? You are telling them something they probably already know. Telling them you are not as bright as you think you are and telling them what you value the business at so if he wants to sell they will offer $14 per share. He has set $44bn on fire for what?

He also said that he wanted to get it back to profit hence the job cuts - they will see through a cheap trick to temporarily try and make things look better.

Meanwhile advertisers leave - the blue tick thing is due to come in on the 7th Nov according to documents the NYT have seen after which so many will be baling it will look like Arnhem.

He was speaking at Ron Baron’s conference. One of Tesla’s early champions and biggest shareholders (and I think still are, and I think it was Baron’s largest position too). I assume he’s trying to be “honest” and ensure folks (including Ron) that while this may be painful for him, it won’t be a distraction because he’ll “fix it quick”.

Incidentally at one point in time (though not now) Baron was the largest public holder of ticker MANU (one guess . . . )

The tweets from Oliver Darcy seem to indicate that he isn't acting rationally - he also seems to be focussing in on Free Speech in America............ there are just over 330m American citizens - under 78m use twitter. there are nearly 400m Twitter users worldwide. His focus is completely misplaced - he could take Twitter down to say 100m users mostly in the States but that leaves him with a rump of 25% of what he bought. I suspect he is scared - also probably the banks that loaned him the dosh to do this purchase are shitting themselves too. He is unlikely to go bust but its gonna be fun watching a multi-billionaire become a millionaire over the next couple of years

I suspect the banks know what they are doing.

Twitter is just a big snapchat. They probably want him to fail and then they get to make a power play for the innovative parts of his empire.

Tesla and Spacex will still be around in 25 years. Twitter will go the way of MSN and Blackberry.

The banks have all reportedly held onto the loans themselves instead of repackaging them and selling them on because it's all secured against Tesla stock, so if twitter can't cover the interest or it goes tits up entirely, they'll cash in.

Directly from settlements?

If it is linked to stock entitlement agreements that he has reneged on, possibly.

Average of at least $333, 333 each if it is over two billion.

Yeah but there are the aforementioned recalls on cars etc which all factors into his losses - beginning to look like Rourkes Drift lol.

Also the EU have already said the bird flies but under their rules. If he breeches EU employment laws he could be over a barrel there too - if the block Twitter in the EU imagine the impact on advertisers there - losing access to the biggest trading bloc

The banks have all reportedly held onto the loans themselves instead of repackaging them and selling them on because it's all secured against Tesla stock, so if twitter can't cover the interest or it goes tits up entirely, they'll cash in.

No doubt why he appears to be shitting himself - instead of expanding his empire it could be he is forced to hand stuff over if it goes tits up. I am sure like any average old megalomaniac failure never crossed his mind

9 minutes ago received a Facebook post from a friend who is a relative of a certain person in the news who Musk may have brought up recently: “Happy Friday, Elon Musk. Go fuck yourself.” This article was attached.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.