Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

As someone who hates celebrities, mums that are looking at their phones instead of the child in the pram, the Sky model of broadcasting sport,
Reality tv, soap operas, fake fuckers, two faced fuckers and sad bastards that haven't got a life outside of social media. No I'm not Big Dave the sex machine, 2 reasons why not, one is I'm not called Dave......

Rodney?

This may be controversial, but Musk's downfall is genuinely a real shame IMO. There was a time about 6/7 years ago where he seemed a passionate and interesting man, genuinely capable of impacting the world in a positive way. Yeah I know there was some question marks about him still in hindsight, that I genuinely didn't know at the time as his rep was a lot lower, but I remember watching some ted talks and interviews and he was absolutely fascinating talking about his passion for space exploration, engineering, environmentally friendly energy and the future of neural pathway links etc. He was slightly awkward, but clearly smart and very invested in his work.

His investment and clear impact on the popularity of electric cars, it's undeniable that Tesla made them a lot more mainstream, was a very positive trait, plus a lot of the SpaceX work was genuinely groundbreaking at times. I remember all the push on solar panels too for housing. Even if naive, his attempts at changing high speed transport were interesting and a net positive in theory.

But it's all just faded away. That spark seems to have gone from his world view. It's shite. He's become intolerable. His products got increasingly gimmicky and childish too. The Tesla flamethrower ffs. Even that truck thing was clear nonsense. It's pretty obvious that all this success and infamy has totally mutated his ego. All the shit posts and memes, courting attention, acting like some 4chan edgelord kid. Courting the right wing nuts in the US simply because they're easier to please. It's just utterly deplorable. It's needy, unnecessary and insecure. And it didn't have to be. I can't really see a way back for him, and it's hard not to imagine how Tesla/SpaceX and the obviously highly intelligent people he has working for him won't be affected now too.

All the progress has clearly halted and a lot of the potential has likely been filtered away too. Not sure what caused it all tbh. I do wonder if it was a result of him trying to just be cool - as pathetic as that sounds. He was with Grimes (is he still?) for a while wasn't he? She's a genuinely popular (well was at the time, dunno if she is now) musician known for being eccentric and weird and I wonder if he just tried to match her energy. Thing is, she was genuinely cool and totally comfortable in her own skin, while Musk was the nerd trying to be cool. And he was shite at it. It's all sorta fed into him trying to be edgy but failing miserably and doubling down. Reckon all the 'real life Tiny Stark' stuff went to his head too. So he got defensive, more edgy and more of a twat. He stopped caring about his products and more about his online reputation.

And for his final act, solely based on hubris, he bought a product he couldn't really afford, with no real plan, just because he got a lot of attention on that product. A sorta ironic joke that became serious that he couldn't pull out from. A final act of stupidity that completed his transformation from a once interesting and very talented (if flawed) man to nothing more than another megalomaniac.

ah well. It's over I reckon. Shame he turned into a ****.

Last edited:
No he is no longer with Grimes, and she had a brief romance with Chelsea Manning after their separation.Just like Graham Linehan, the trans people took his "wife" and a child from him.

This may be controversial, but Musk's downfall is genuinely a real shame IMO. There was a time about 6/7 years ago where he seemed a passionate and interesting man, genuinely capable of impacting the world in a positive way. Yeah I know there was some question marks about him still in hindsight, that I genuinely didn't know at the time as his rep was a lot lower, but I remember watching some ted talks and interviews and he was absolutely fascinating talking about his passion for space exploration, engineering, environmentally friendly energy and the future of neural pathway links etc. He was slightly awkward, but clearly smart and very invested in his work.

His investment and clear impact on the popularity of electric cars, it's undeniable that Tesla made them a lot more mainstream, was a very positive trait, plus a lot of the SpaceX work was genuinely groundbreaking at times. I remember all the push on solar panels too for housing. Even if naive, his attempts at changing high speed transport were interesting and a net positive in theory.

But it's all just faded away. That spark seems to have gone from his world view. It's shite. He's become intolerable. His products got increasingly gimmicky and childish too. The Tesla flamethrower ffs. Even that truck thing was clear nonsense. It's pretty obvious that all this success and infamy has totally mutated his ego. All the shit posts and memes, courting attention, acting like some 4chan edgelord kid. Courting the right wing nuts in the US simply because they're easier to please. It's just utterly deplorable. It's needy, unnecessary and insecure. And it didn't have to be. I can't really see a way back for him, and it's hard not to imagine how Tesla/SpaceX and the obviously highly intelligent people he has working for him won't be affected now too.

All the progress has clearly halted and a lot of the potential has likely been filtered away too. Not sure what caused it all tbh. I do wonder if it was a result of him trying to just be cool - as pathetic as that sounds. He was with Grimes (is he still?) for a while wasn't he? She's a genuinely popular (well was at the time, dunno if she is now) musician known for being eccentric and weird and I wonder if he just tried to match her energy. Thing is, she was genuinely cool and totally comfortable in her own skin, while Musk was the nerd trying to be cool. And he was shite at it. It's all sorta fed into him trying to be edgy but failing miserably and doubling down. Reckon all the 'real life Tiny Stark' stuff went to his head too. So he got defensive, more edgy and more of a twat. He stopped caring about his products and more about his online reputation.

And for his final act, solely based on hubris, he bought a product he couldn't really afford, with no real plan, just because he got a lot of attention on that product. A sorta ironic joke that became serious that he couldn't pull out from. A final act of stupidity that completed his transformation from a once interesting and very talented (if flawed) man to nothing more than another megalomaniac.

ah well. It's over I reckon. Shame he turned into a ****.
Long post that could just have been the last paragraph. Agree with all of it though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.