Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Someone will create something to fill the void very quickly (something called POST is in testing, Dorsey has BlueSky) , it will take a decade to build up the userbase and institutional trust that twitter built up since 2006.
Nice try, but just ducking and diving.
“Institutional trust” ha! All the advertisers have suspended, lenders circling, governments looking closely at regulation, Tesla worried, prominent tweeters leaving for other platforms.I suspect that, after his nonsensical tweets on Ukraine and Taiwan, nobody has much trust in his judgement at all. He is Oedipus and you are a charlatan.

It’s frustrating though
So many could jump ship that don’t need Twitter - yet he’s got everyone talking and intrigued and it’s probably getting more users than ever

I imagine many of the new users aren't real. Even on this thread alone you can see extracts where people see the chance to either make jokes or punchlines at the situarion under fun new accounts. Many I would guess are temporary.

Nice try, but just ducking and diving.
“Institutional trust” ha! All the advertisers have suspended, lenders circling, governments looking closely at regulation, Tesla worried, prominent tweeters leaving for other platforms.I suspect that, after his nonsensical tweets on Ukraine and Taiwan, nobody has much trust in his judgement at all. He is Oedipus and you are a charlatan.

What the fuck are you blathering on about now?

Are you trying to debate the fact twitter had institutional trust? It's every government in the world's main platform for public announcements.

Why are you talking about stuff happening after Musk has taken over when I specifically mentioned I was talking about twitter Pre-Musk takeover?

Go back to making up childish nicknames, following a conversation and writing in full sentences is obviously beyond you.

It’s frustrating though
So many could jump ship that don’t need Twitter - yet he’s got everyone talking and intrigued and it’s probably getting more users than ever
Yes but I've seen a few balanced people suggesting that the reality is that twitter will just get steadily more toxic and less trusted. Wile it looks like a dumpster fire right now it will most likely continue to function. And will be much the same. But longer term if official accounts can't feel secure on it they will leave and as the official sources leave it becomes a self fulfilled race to the bottom. I've stopped posting as much as I'm not sure having a profile on their is worth the hassle. I've got circa 1,500 followers on twitter. I'm not deleting yet but I view it very differently.

Musk taking a sledgehammer to Twitter is no bad thing. Its only a business like any other. Mostly it’s used by nut jobs who spread misinformation. What’s left? Celebrities telling us how to live.

No big loss to the world. We didn’t have it before and if it goes some other shit platform will appear. Can’t see Musk being that stupid. He is probably ten steps ahead.

Musk taking a sledgehammer to Twitter is no bad thing. Its only a business like any other. Mostly it’s used by nut jobs who spread misinformation. What’s left? Celebrities telling us how to live.

No big loss to the world. We didn’t have it before and if it goes some other shit platform will appear. Can’t see Musk being that stupid. He is probably ten steps ahead.
Wow, that’s so much bollocks in one post. Bravo.

What the fuck are you blathering on about now?

Are you trying to debate the fact twitter had institutional trust? It's every government in the world's main platform for public announcements.

Why are you talking about stuff happening after Musk has taken over when I specifically mentioned I was talking about twitter Pre-Musk takeover?

Go back to making up childish nicknames, following a conversation and writing in full sentences is obviously beyond you.
You’re still a charlatan.

It’s frustrating though
They‘ll log in once and then call it a day, unless he has something spectacular up his sleeve, which I doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.