Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

True but even if its half true. Those 7k people all had a job. Big corps don't run much slack, they avoid and delay every cost they can. You have to justify spending money so every person's salary has to be justified. Randomly dropping to half the work force will cause chaos.
But that can't be true, because some bloke with a blue tick on Twitter (must be someone important) said he watched a TikTok from someone who works at Twitter showing that her job is just playing table tennis and drinking lattes all day.

More users cost them money when combined with lower advertiser revenue.

when its the worlds richest man is he that bothered ? I'm enjoying the implosion and hope it lasts - but part of me think he's loving all this and when the storm dies down, Twitter will carry on as usual

Not bollox mate. See no use for the platform.
Yeah, but, see, how it works is, YOU "see no use" but -- and this is important -- lots of OTHER people DO see a use.

I could be wrong, but I think people find things become more cumbersome and complicated, and problems harder to explain and solve, when recogniz(s)ing that the world doesn't revolve entirely around them.

Mr. Musk is demonstrating his lack of grasp of this concept via his management of Twitter in fact.

Yeah, but, see, how it works is, YOU "see no use" but -- and this is important -- lots of OTHER people DO see a use.

I could be wrong, but I think people find things become more cumbersome and complicated, and problems harder to explain and solve, when recogniz(s)ing that the world doesn't revolve entirely around them.

Mr. Musk is demonstrating his lack of grasp of this concept via his management of Twitter in fact.
Fucksake calm down. Twitter is a load of crap to keep you interested in more crap. Fill up your days if that what you need to do.

Your opinion on what I think is nothing but dog turd. Waste of time replying to my post. Go back on Twitter and tweet away. I think it’s a load of crap. Deal with it!

I’m sure musk will take your opinion into consideration lol.

Fucksake calm down. Twitter is a load of crap to keep you interested in more crap. Fill up your days if that what you need to do.

Your opinion on what I think is nothing but dog turd. Waste of time replying to my post. Go back on Twitter and tweet away. I think it’s a load of crap. Deal with it!

I’m sure musk will take your opinion into consideration lol.
He’s more likely to agree with our misty friend in California than your viewpoint.

Twitter is used by most governments and companies to communicate with their citizens/customers.

For that alone, Twitter is a more vital communication system than any other form of social media.

He’s more likely to agree with our misty friend in California than your viewpoint.

Twitter is used by most governments and companies to communicate with their citizens/customers.

For that alone, Twitter is a more vital communication system than any other form of social media.
Correct, and for me, who gathers information and writes about/rates stocks and companies for a living, I learn a tremendous amount from the 40-50 or so industry folks who tweet regularly (I almost never tweet -- only a couple of times a year, and if so, it's about City).

It's the best singular repository for real-time trends and "bits and pieces" that form pictures and patterns (investors call this the "mosaic theory" of information-gathering).

And so Twitter helps makes me money, because it helps contextualiz(s)e the advice I give clients . . . and, as John Belushi said, "it don't cost nothin'."

Correct, and for me, who gathers information and writes about/rates stocks and companies for a living, I learn a tremendous amount from the 40-50 or so industry folks who tweet regularly (I almost never tweet -- only a couple of times a year, and if so, it's about City).

It's the best singular repository for real-time trends and "bits and pieces" that form pictures and patterns (investors call this the "mosaic theory" of information-gathering).

And so Twitter helps makes me money, because it helps contextualiz(s)e the advice I give clients . . . and, as John Belushi said, "it don't cost nothin'."
Yep, Twitter is what you make of it. If you surround yourself with idiots, you’ll hate it. Surround yourself with local businesses, experts in fields you hold genuine interest in and certain news pages and you’re golden.

Ignoring the idiots is key too though.

I don’t think I’ve sent a tweet for nigh on a decade.

Yep, Twitter is what you make of it. If you surround yourself with idiots, you’ll hate it. Surround yourself with local businesses, experts in fields you hold genuine interest in and certain news pages and you’re golden.

Ignoring the idiots is key too though.

I don’t think I’ve sent a tweet for nigh on a decade.
It's undeniably easy to go down rabbit holes for sure -- every thread is pockmarked with idiots spouting off about what they don't understand, trolling like demons. So I tend not to read threads -- I just gather info from the folks I either know personally or trust off tweets themselves, not replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.