Elon Musk buys Twitter

I can't imagine that he'd actually go ahead with a paywall, it would be suicidal from a business point of view.
He has already put the pills in his mouth with all of his other decisions involving Twxttxr (including allowing his hubris and stupidity to force him in to buying it in the first place), so he might as well swallow them now.

No, I wasn’t born to wealthy parents that paid to cover up my ever increasing list of blunders, and was not subsequently allowed to defraud my way to becoming a billionaire.

Nah, my dad didn't own an emerald mine unfortunately. Had to pay my own way.

Plenty of people have been born to millionaires and not made as much as Musk to be fair, he obviously had a spark of something at some point, even if it was just a good sense of where trends are heading and who to lump his money in with (thiel).

However, whatever he had has gone. Too much coke, too much time spent under the public spotlight, or maybe he just lost touch after 20 years.

I mean, we're talking about someone who spent $44Bn on something by accident, because he made a legally binding joke offer and was held to it. When was the last time you saw a sane person do that?

Hardly ever used my Twitter account so I’ve binned it off.
Never buying a fucking Tesla either or flying on one of his shit rockets.
Fuck off Musk.

Plenty of people have been born to millionaires and not made as much as Musk to be fair, he obviously had a spark of something at some point, even if it was just a good sense of where trends are heading and who to lump his money in with (thiel).

However, whatever he had has gone. Too much coke, too much time spent under the public spotlight, or maybe he just lost touch after 20 years.

I mean, we're talking about someone who spent $44Bn on something by accident, because he made a legally binding joke offer and was held to it. When was the last time you saw a sane person do that?
I would read up on Musk’s early days. He was literally bankrolled through blunder after blunder and later was only able to avoid failure that even his family and backers wouldn’t be able to save him from by committing financial and securities fraud (as well as defrauding the US government). The latter exploits is the only reason Tesla (and subsequently SpaceX) are even still in business. He believes himself to be so beyond consequences now, he actually openly brags about it, even in the face of the settlement with the SEC and subsequent litigation for violating the terms of it).

That’s ignoring the many accusations of Brandesque behaviour whilst he was at PayPal that were buried for him and the fact he is generally known to have been more a hinderance than a driver of work that was central to any success his ventures have achieved.

As I said in a previous post—and have said for many years—Musk’s real exceptional talent is crafting and maintaining the “troubled genius” narrative that allowed him to get away with all sort of problematic (and, in many cases, illegal) behaviour.

And his ability to stay out of prison and hide how his companies were actually making money (which was via means that completely negated the “save the world” Tesla brand).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.