Email from our CEO

I genuinely don't think that's true mate.

If the SL had gone ahead, and you add PSG and Bayern in (which seems to have been the plan all along) and then then 5 more clubs, the CL would become less attractive than the Europa.

It was clear the long term plan was for the SL to eventually be played at the weekend and replace domestic leagues.

A US bank is not doing to front billions for a competition that is played at midday on a Wednesday in the middle of a US working week. Or in the middle of the night in Asia. Clearly the long term plan was for this to replace domestic leagues.

If you take the top 6 out of the PL, is it even commercially viable? Who's going to pay to broadcast that? If the top 6 stayed in, but didn't have to qualify, it would turn the whole thing in to the Carabao Cup - weakened teams, saving your best players for the proper games in the bigger competitions.

It might have taken a few years, but I genuinely believe if the SL had gone ahead, it would have led the to the PL, CL and City not being commercially viable in the long term.
You make the case for City being a business most eloquently.
Here's one of thousands of clubs in England where football comes first.
I don't think Guiseley are any less because they are tiny.

"fine" is not what Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon are in the game for.
Quite. As I said, these events show where the ambitions lie. All the guff about playing a blinder and hurting our enemies is precisely that-- just guff.
They are in it to make money, nothing more, nothing less.

Whoever was responsible for City's strategy around the SL, whether Sorriano or Khaldoon, deserves a raise and a contract extension.

The SL going ahead would have ruined football. The SL going ahead without City would have ruined City.

Our top brass have ensured neither of those things would happen.
LOL

We danced with the devil, we did ourselves and football no favours.

Best CEO in the world, we are keeping him.
Not sure about that, without doubt his baby is the CFG and that is going well but I would like to see him moved sideways and get the CFG gig full time.

In my opinion the CEO of MCFC is a stand alone full time job, we need to be able to see and hear from someone when necessary, Ferran has talked to us twice? in his time with the club.

A CEO with direct links to the club would be a superb appointment.

Danced with the devil? tell who the angels are ? Its a bloody war out there we only see the end product. ( CAS episode included)
I would say the clubs we agreed to join are and always have been our bitterest enemies.

We sided with them , a terrible error , a unnecessary error.

Not sure about that, without doubt his baby is the CFG and that is going well but I would like to see him moved sideways and get the CFG gig full time.

In my opinion the CEO of MCFC is a stand alone full time job, we need to be able to see and hear from someone when necessary, Ferran has talked to us twice? in his time with the club.

A CEO with direct links to the club would be a superb appointment.
Vinny.

You make the case for City being a business most eloquently.
Here's one of thousands of clubs in England where football comes first.
I don't think Guiseley are any less because they are tiny.
Good for Guiseley, I don't think they are any less either.

If the SL had gone ahead, it would have affected the entire football pyramid.

If there's no qualification on merit for the CL, what's the point of the PL? And in turn, what's the point of the Championship? What's the incentive to win?

If there's no incentive to win, who's going to watch?

It would have affected the entire football pyramid, Guiseley included.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.