Emirates FA Cup Changes Ahead of 2024/25:

Right decision. The burgeoning European football is becoming too much but we can't influence that as much. The League Cup won't last either in the long run. Shame but it's the way it is going.

Do UEFA dictate how places are given?

The FA cup runners up are guaranteed a EL place if the winner has qualified for the CL, whereas the Carabao Cup losers are not.

This suggests it’s an FA decision, rather than a UEFA one.

FA decision with UEFA approval?
No. UEFA's qualification criteria can be found online and there is no option for any FA to grant one of their places to a domestic cup winner.

I can understand to some degree but why is it not coming in for the third round , the lower teams need as much as they can get.

No. UEFA's qualification criteria can be found online and there is no option for any FA to grant one of their places to a domestic cup winner.
They should do what COMNEBOL do, which is give a place in the main continental competition to the domestic cup winner.

Funny how the usual suspects are happy to play more European games but don’t want to play fa cup games. Greedy cunts and fucking over the pyramid. As someone who is heavily involved at a non league side this kind of greed makes me sick

Funny how the usual suspects are happy to play more European games but don’t want to play fa cup games. Greedy cunts and fucking over the pyramid. As someone who is heavily involved at a non league side this kind of greed makes me sick
It’s just business. If your non-league club was offered £50m to play a game and withdraw from the FA Cup, they would in a heartbeat.

It’s just business. If your non-league club was offered £50m to play a game and withdraw from the FA Cup, they would in a heartbeat.
That’s not exactly the point is it? Why should the prem teams benefit to the detriment of hundreds of football club’s across the country. Let’s face it it’s the “big 6” once again calling the shots (and I include city in this) they don’t give a fuck about the history of the game in this country as was shown a few years ago on this very day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.