Emmigrating to the US...

TFC said:
GStar said:
Really stupid question but i thought the greencard was free?

Or was that money spent on things like rent, when you could have started a mortgage earlier etc?

Lawyers fees mate. There are application fees when it comes to the GC but the huge majority of the wonga was spent on a good lawyer who wouldnt fuck up the application. The one who actually got us the GC was my second lawyer, the first one nearly got us the boot, she was shite!

I guess if you've got a company willing to sponsor your application they take care of most of the hassle?

Plan right now is to see what grad school options are open (waiting for careers advisors to get back where i went to uni to see what help they can give) failing that, getting out sometime between May-September on the 3 month tourist visa and see what happens, perhaps i can "network" with a few businesses or, perhaps more likely, snag an Orange Coutny beach babe and get an easy route in, result! ;)

hi guys, bit of advice needed. Next summer myself and my girlfriend were wanting to travel to the US for about a month and visit as many places as poss. At that moment in time I will have just 8 more months at Uni and aiming for a 1st in a Sports degree and a fully qualified gym instructor and personal trainer. The plan is to do all the touristy things aswell as considering all the options to move there. The aim is to gain as many contacts there as possible so that I can keep in regular contact and see if there are any jobs/opportunities when I have graduated, so my questions are:

- Which is the best way (convenience and cost) to travel the US for a month?
- What are the chances of gaining enployment this way?

Best Regards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.