Empty Seats, Welcome Tourists.

I posted this because there has been quite a bit of posts from people slagging the so called tourists off.
Having a go at our new breed of fans for getting tickets first.
I was amazed how many empty seats there were yesterday.
I would class Newcastle as a top game, and would say anyone who really wanted a ticket
could have got one yesterday.
I met 4 Yanks in town, first City game, they had been to the store, spent a few bob.
They actually have work connections over here, MOD. and had been over a few times
before but never managed to get a City game in.
I asked why City, and why not the swamp, they said it never entered their head to go
there, they had been determined to get to a city game.
So call them tourists if you will, I say welcome on board, it was 4 less empty seats.
PS
They didn't have corporate Lev 3s

Whitworth Park said:
I posted this because there has been quite a bit of posts from people slagging the so called tourists off.
I would class Newcastle as a top game, and would say anyone who really wanted a ticket
I met 4 Yanks in town, first City game, they had been to the store, spent a few bob.
They actually have work connections over here, MOD. and had been over a few times
I asked why City, and why not the swamp, they said it never entered their head to go
So call them tourists if you will, I say welcome on board, it was 4 less empty seats.
PS

And four less rags......

Whitworth Park said:

PS

This desperate need that a lot of people have to somehow differentiate the shallow motivations of tourists at City from tourists at Old Trafford makes me laugh.

Yeah, they never considered going to Old Trafford and would only ever consider being tourists at City because they are the type of tourists who really has a feeling for the team they are going to see and aren't attracted by the fact that that team just so happens to be one of the best around.

Tourists are going to happen (although it would be nice of the club to not actively try to encourage them at the expense fans who don't fit that demographic). But let's not pretend their motivations and self delusions about being 'massive fans' are any different to the sad bastards that 90% of the country take the piss out of at Old Trafford.

MaineRoadBlue said:
A lot of is down to the stupidity of the 5 match ticket deal.

Loads of cash rich glory hunters wanting their day in the sun and any potential League Title party come the last game.

Sad fact is, the Title has gone, the Tickets sold are now not worth a dime and consequently, those who may have bought individual one off games towards the season's end have been sold out by the club to Ticket Agencies!

If you think it was empty yesterday, just wait until the midweek Wigan game. Those that do attend will be able to lay down for the game.

Sad, but true.

There are empty seats every week even with the "sold out" signs up. If the 5 game bundle is a factor it is not the only one.

You would be guaranteed empty seats on a freezing mid week game against Wigan regardless.

The majority of empty seats are on sale on the hideous viagogo racket
If these tickets were on sale at the ticket office there would be very few empty seats
I'm sure the club could quite easily run there own form of viagogo which would keep everyone much happier

There were two additional empty seats where we were supposed to be as my car blew up on the m62 and we only managed to get as far as birstall!

Don't what was worse missing a great 4.0 win or having to have my car recovered back to a local garage and told its proper fxxxxx!

Next time we're booking ourselves on the supporters club coach!

squirtyflower said:
It was a sell out weeks in advance

END OF

Not true, I live in Norwich and I could have picked up tickets for my wife and I from Viagogo the day before. I was tempted but it's close to a ten hour round trip.

There are around 200 seats empty at Old Trashford for almost every home league game ....

dw7 said:
I didn't bother going was a mates birthday so went on the piss with him all day. There's more to life than just city

Yes thats true ive missed the odd City game over the years for a relatives wedding etc.
But if you cant make it why not give it to a mate or relative who cant always go.
Thats what ive always done.

The perfect fumble said:
squirtyflower said:
It was a sell out weeks in advance

END OF

Not true, I live in Norwich and I could have picked up tickets for my wife and I from Viagogo the day before. I was tempted but it's close to a ten hour round trip.
without wishing to be pedantic but it was sold out
the tickets on the exchange website are tickets that have been SOLD and fans can't make it/don't want to go so ell them on there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.