Empty Seats, Welcome Tourists.

de niro said:
funny in 212 a guy and his wife come back from half time carrying beers, everyone saying "you can't do that"

the tourists are most definitely here.

Lots of this in EL3 yesterday.....no idea they were breaking the law. Not just glory hunters, must never have been to a football ground before. Very upset when the stewards aked them to leave.

squirtyflower said:
The perfect fumble said:
squirtyflower said:
It was a sell out weeks in advance

END OF

Not true, I live in Norwich and I could have picked up tickets for my wife and I from Viagogo the day before. I was tempted but it's close to a ten hour round trip.
without wishing to be pedantic but it was sold out
the tickets on the exchange website are tickets that have been SOLD and fans can't make it/don't want to go so ell them on there

Good point, but it highlights the difference between sell out and a full stadium.

Whitworth Park said:
I posted this because there has been quite a bit of posts from people slagging the so called tourists off.
Having a go at our new breed of fans for getting tickets first.
I was amazed how many empty seats there were yesterday.
I would class Newcastle as a top game, and would say anyone who really wanted a ticket
could have got one yesterday.
I met 4 Yanks in town, first City game, they had been to the store, spent a few bob.
They actually have work connections over here, MOD. and had been over a few times
before but never managed to get a City game in.
I asked why City, and why not the swamp, they said it never entered their head to go
there, they had been determined to get to a city game.
So call them tourists if you will, I say welcome on board, it was 4 less empty seats.
PS
They didn't have corporate Lev 3s

Easter holidays. Given that schools frown upon children being taken on holiday in term time these days then it is one of the few windows that families can go away for a break.

Unfortunately not all season ticket holders can simply ditch the entire family for nine months a year.

they should deduct points from their season card if they do not attend games unless they give prior notice to the club before hand

this stopping them applying for tickets for big cup games or even loss of their card the following season.

there is 4 empty seats in front of me for the last 4 months now

last season was the same until derby day and the QPR game

I've wondered about these empty seats for ages & assumed that it was season ticket holders not bothering to turn up but due to recent experiences I think it might be down to a certain over zealous safety & security officer.

Whilst at the game it's difficult to judge? but watching it back on the telly then it's that sparse on parts of level one it's unreal.

Heartbreaking really given our recent success. Anyone who thinks we need to expand is wrong.

Blue Streak said:
Whilst at the game it's difficult to judge? but watching it back on the telly then it's that sparse on parts of level one it's unreal.

Heartbreaking really given our recent success. Anyone who thinks we need to expand is wrong.

Probably ......

but there are an awful lot of City fans who just can't afford to attend , or take their families ..... i know quite a few myself ...... the support is definitely there to be 'persuaded' back , in one way or another .... and as with the Hamburg home game , and recent FA Cup games , much cheaper seating has often seen the ground full.

kermitcol said:
they should deduct points from their season card if they do not attend games unless they give prior notice to the club before hand

this stopping them applying for tickets for big cup games or even loss of their card the following season.

Don't talk tosh! They have paid their money and can do what they want with their seat. So the guy who broke down yesterday on the M62 should have points deducted?

-- Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 pm --

One thing that does annoy me is the block of seats given to teams and organisations who turn up for games with other clubs shirts under there track suits, and even shout anti City abuse. There was one guy yesterday constantly abusing Joe Hart FFS!!

Ian said:
kermitcol said:

Don't talk tosh! They have paid their money and can do what they want with their seat. So the guy who broke down yesterday on the M62 should have points deducted?

-- Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 pm --

One thing that does annoy me is the block of seats given to teams and organisations who turn up for games with other clubs shirts under there track suits, and even shout anti City abuse. There was one guy yesterday constantly abusing Joe Hart FFS!!

well should deduct them if its a regular non attendance.

why buy a season ticket and only attend one or two games like the people infront of me,

feel sorry for the guy who broke down missed a good game

and we must have the same guy sat behind us as he was slagging of Hart every time he had the ball in his hands screaming to throw it

de niro said:
funny in 212 a guy and his wife come back from half time carrying beers, everyone saying "you can't do that"

the tourists are most definitely here.
They must have thought they were in Hamburg!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.