Empty seats.. worsening trend?

Victoria-bahs said:
Just re post this to EVERY post.. maybe the penny will drop for the seat counters...

Here are the facts:

Official attendances for Man City Premiership Matches:

06-07 759,646 (39,981 per match)
07-08 800,400 (42,126 pm)
08-09 815,105 (42,900 pm)
09-10 864,740 (45,512 pm)
10-11 872,195 (45,905 pm)
11-12 893,851 (47,044 pm)
12-13 892,506 (46,974 pm)
13-14 894,527 (47,080 pm)

The 'OFFICIAL' capacity is 47,405 (current reduced because of the expansion building works.

THESE ARE THE FACTS. Every single premiership club works on the same basis insomuch as they have to declare their official attendance, whether it be made up by way of sales of season tickets, comps, hospitality, academy, players family/friends etc, etc.

Since the 06-07 Season - Man City are the ONLY club that has significantly increased it's attendance by such a large margin (approx by 18%) - why? because it could . Since 06-07, the capacity has always been 47,405 and therefore, we have now, on average, maxed out.

No other football club in the UK, in the last 10+ years, has seen anything like this kind of growth - because most of them were either treading water or their stadiums were at capacity & relatively maxed out. Around 2000, Chelski were having an average of 34,000. When Roman took over in 2003, attendance had grown to around 41,500, surprise surprise - because they also had close on £1bn chucked at them as well over a period of time (taking into account the value - with inflation - of their expenditure compared to City.

City revenue has increased from 06-07 @ 84.6m Euros to 12-13 to 316m Euro. No surprise there. In 06-07, we were not even in the top 20 table of European team revenues. But 12-13, we were 6th, with only PSG with a faster growth

So, who the fuck cares if there are a a few hundred empty seats for our premiership games. The growth in 'official' attendance at Man City is unprecedented in the Premiership and we have 'officially' been camping on the doorstep of capacity for 6 seasons now. We will shortly be the 2nd largest premiership stadium and it is guaranteed that there will be empty seats galore over the next few years for the fans of other clubs and the football pundits to crow about - but do we really give a fuck?? There will be loads more tourists, more hospitality, more languages spoken at the Derby than at the UN, loads more sales of half and half scarfs and pies will increase to £8!

As long as we continue to be challenging for titles and are nailed on for top 2/3 in the premiership each season, there can be 40,000 empty seats for all I care.................

I for one, like the fact that the atmosphere for many homes games is rather understated. I love it when most of the 'smaller' clubs fans starting singing - 'Where were you when you were shit'. Our reply should be ' We are here now YOU are shit'.

ps
bet the seat counters are all train spotters!
It's no a question of "You've got no Fans", but that despite sell outs, there are empty seats at the front of the North Stand, and that is a small problem

Victoria-bahs said:
Just re post this to EVERY post.. maybe the penny will drop for the seat counters...

Here are the facts:

Official attendances for Man City Premiership Matches:

06-07 759,646 (39,981 per match)
07-08 800,400 (42,126 pm)
08-09 815,105 (42,900 pm)
09-10 864,740 (45,512 pm)
10-11 872,195 (45,905 pm)
11-12 893,851 (47,044 pm)
12-13 892,506 (46,974 pm)
13-14 894,527 (47,080 pm)

The 'OFFICIAL' capacity is 47,405 (current reduced because of the expansion building works.

THESE ARE THE FACTS. Every single premiership club works on the same basis insomuch as they have to declare their official attendance, whether it be made up by way of sales of season tickets, comps, hospitality, academy, players family/friends etc, etc.

Since the 06-07 Season - Man City are the ONLY club that has significantly increased it's attendance by such a large margin (approx by 18%) - why? because it could . Since 06-07, the capacity has always been 47,405 and therefore, we have now, on average, maxed out.

No other football club in the UK, in the last 10+ years, has seen anything like this kind of growth - because most of them were either treading water or their stadiums were at capacity & relatively maxed out. Around 2000, Chelski were having an average of 34,000. When Roman took over in 2003, attendance had grown to around 41,500, surprise surprise - because they also had close on £1bn chucked at them as well over a period of time (taking into account the value - with inflation - of their expenditure compared to City.

City revenue has increased from 06-07 @ 84.6m Euros to 12-13 to 316m Euro. No surprise there. In 06-07, we were not even in the top 20 table of European team revenues. But 12-13, we were 6th, with only PSG with a faster growth

So, who the fuck cares if there are a a few hundred empty seats for our premiership games. The growth in 'official' attendance at Man City is unprecedented in the Premiership and we have 'officially' been camping on the doorstep of capacity for 6 seasons now. We will shortly be the 2nd largest premiership stadium and it is guaranteed that there will be empty seats galore over the next few years for the fans of other clubs and the football pundits to crow about - but do we really give a fuck?? There will be loads more tourists, more hospitality, more languages spoken at the Derby than at the UN, loads more sales of half and half scarfs and pies will increase to £8!

As long as we continue to be challenging for titles and are nailed on for top 2/3 in the premiership each season, there can be 40,000 empty seats for all I care.................

I for one, like the fact that the atmosphere for many homes games is rather understated. I love it when most of the 'smaller' clubs fans starting singing - 'Where were you when you were shit'. Our reply should be ' We are here now YOU are shit'.

ps

Haha! I think the train spotters are the types who like an "understated" atmosphere. Hang on a minute, train spotters tend to be quite visible whereas our equivalents were nowhere to be seen / heard when the players were willing the crowd on to give vocal support against Burnley!

If we want facts then it is no surprise that our performance is worst when the atmosphere is quietest I.e. The Chanpions League games.
This thread has served its purpose so hopefully the Club have picked up What needs to be done including
a) Relocate complimentaries from behind the North Stand goal and to ensure these tickets are given to those entitled on request / not just dishes out.
b) Not allowing people to renew season cards who have only pitched up for a few games.

I am really looking forward to the Sheff Wednesday game. You see families going to the game with smiles on their faces (who don't always get the chance of tickets for league games) who are genuinely happy to be at the Etihad. Unlike the small minority of Blues Who think they are doing us a favour turning up for some games!

I wanted to take my daughters to the Pakace game. The family stand was "sold out" so the only option was two tickets in the South Stand at £32 each! Suffice to say they didn't go and there were plenty of seats in the family stand. I don't care whether you go or not but the whole issue of concessionary tickets elsewhere in the ground needs addressing. The increasing cost of match tickets is not helping

The biggest problem with empty seats is not the few that aren't using them, but the ones that are vacated when City are holding a slender lead with at least 5 minutes plus injury time to go. Stay and support the team until the end.

herrock said:
The biggest problem with empty seats is not the few that aren't using them, but the ones that are vacated when City are holding a slender lead with at least 5 minutes plus injury time to go. Stay and support the team until the end.

Spot on. This League is going to go down to the wire and a bit of extra support could make all the difference!

gkmcfc said:
I wanted to take my daughters to the Pakace game. The family stand was "sold out" so the only option was two tickets in the South Stand at £32 each! Suffice to say they didn't go and there were plenty of seats in the family stand. I don't care whether you go or not but the whole issue of concessionary tickets elsewhere in the ground needs addressing. The increasing cost of match tickets is not helping
Dont know how old your girls are but mine is 16 and her match ticket was £29 in the family stand

How many seats does the club give to Viagogo as part of the sponsorship deal.

The batch of pictures in the OP - all were taken within a few minutes of kick off, re-seating, or a few minutes to go.

I'm just an armchair well-wisher so my opinion isn't worth much, but late arrivers, slow refilling after HT, early leavers... That happens everywhere, and those pics probably do you a disservice. Sorry if this has already been mentioned/refuted.

Marvin said:
Victoria-bahs said:
ps
It's no a question of "You've got no Fans", but that despite sell outs, there are empty seats at the front of the North Stand, and that is a small problem

Do you lose sleep over it ?? ffs are you that BOTHERED ?? a few empty seats " shake your head have a pint or two.. ffs ( try a few hot toddies as well then you will start seeing people double problem solved,so long as you dont look at the empty seats!!)

( the COLOUR sky blue shows up a lot more should chane colours like the mini stadium., our seats have a lot more space ( or seem to have) than other grounds,)
Think just off the top of my head this is a supporters problem not the clubs.. they can only sell the ticket once.. just say it started on a small scale.. at Mary Ds. or the waldorf. an unoficial ticket office ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.