Emre Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd be pretty happy if we got Can on a free. Has it only been reported in The Star so far though, or are there any more credible sources?
I havent seen anything of note,other papers are simply regurgitating the story.

Bang average.

Should be looking to upgrade on Fernandinho, given that he's 33 in 6 months, not downgrade/sign squad players.

We've had a very good success rate since Pep got involved in transfers (even before he joined with KDB) with only Bravo being a dud thus far. We're so close to having an almost perfect squad this would be a backstep regardless of him being free. It'd also be a backstep in terms of Foden getting involved as Can would be used in CM too.

Sign a proper quality DM, not some bloke who's not that good as a DM and nowhere near the level we currently have at CM/free 8. He's slow, ponderous on the ball, not good defensively, and doesn't have a very good touch. Even Henderson is ahead of him as a pivot for LFC and Klopp is no fool. Hopefully tabloid nonsense.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be pretty happy if we got Can on a free. Has it only been reported in The Star so far though, or are there any more credible sources?
Nope. It's also in their sister 'pile of shit paper' The Express too. However, other online publications have picked up on it and the Red Dippers are in meltdown on similarly low grade forums calling him a traitor.

They're calling for Liverpool to accept he won't sign, and they want him sold to Juve for anything they can get, instead of us for any price. It's early days yet, but there doesn't seem to be one sensible voice of reason amongst them. However, it's the International break and as with all low news points, the media are making the most out of this for clicks...

Sign a proper quality DM, not some bloke who's not that good as a DM and nowhere near the level we currently have at CM/free 8. He's slow, ponderous on the ball, not good defensively, and doesn't have a very good touch. Even Henderson is ahead of him as a pivot for LFC and Klopp is no fool. Hopefully tabloid nonsense.
I'm not sure you have ever watched the lad? That description is miles off.

Pointless video. (and not even impressive)
My general rule for YT vids is "vs" vids or non at all.

I watch Liverpool plenty of times. He's not good enough for us. Even RAWK agrees

Last edited:
Pointless video.
Watch his "Emre Can vs" vids or non at all.

I watch Liverpool plenty of times. He's not good enough for us. Even RAWK agrees

As have i,and he has always impressed.

RAWK agrees?? Given there is a possibillity he will walk out on their club for nothing? Really?

Pointless video.
Watch his "Emre Can vs" vids or non at all.

Notwithstanding that he absolutely is good enough to play for us, getting him for free is a no brainer. We have other places in the squad to upgrade next summer and if we're spending big on a central defender it would do us very well to take Can for nothing. Pep has worked with him (briefly) before and will have obviously seen enough of him during his time in the league to make a good determination one way or the other.

Georgios Samaras looked brill on Youtube until I saw him in real life to be fair. Can is a player I've never really noticed before and all I knew about him was he was a Liverpool squad player.

However, I work with a Dipper who rates him highly, so I had a look at him and Coutinho (who frankly, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about) on Youtube to see what all the fuss about Can was. Can seems a talented player but nothing special........ That was until I realised he was only 23! He's got to be the oldest 23 year old I've ever seen in my life!

His age and the fact he's a German international, changed my view of him. I assumed he was the finished article and what I saw, was what he was, BUT if he's like this at 23, imagine what he'll be like at 26-28?

Can on a free is a no-brainer. If he doesn't live up to expectations, we can get our money back. If he lives up to his promise, we could potentially have a cover/future replacement for Fernandinho. I don't base what I think on videos, but on this one, he's got to be a chance worth taking for just a signing on fee, ESPECIALLY as he probably lives in Cheshire anyway and could link up with Pep Guardiola, Leroy Sane & Ilkay Gundogan without having to move house and being nearer to work of a morning.

In this case, I think City would hold all the cards.

As have i,and he has always impressed.

RAWK agrees?? Given there is a possibillity he will walk out on their club for nothing? Really?

Rarely ever impressed me.

They agree he's not good enough for us and they don't seem that bitter about it. Infact they don't seem that bothered about him leaving regardless of destination. If it was Coutinho/Mane/Salah/Lallana, even Firmino they'd be going mad.

@Dribble

I base very little on edited/highlighted video footage myself,it was more a reference for @Silva_Spell so he could be sure he was referencing the right player ;-)

I will still wait for something more concrete in regards the credibility of this story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.