Emre Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capable of absolute brilliance on his day, but his day doesn't happen often enough.

He's particularly suspect positionallg so couldn't really play the fernandinho role without serious transformation.

It's one of those signings where if we went for it id completely understand why, but I won't be desperate for it to happen.

He's nowhere near as good as Milinkovic-Savic though.

Last edited:
i've always thought he was a good player, i didnt realise he was only 23 either. i think it's a no brainer on a free personally.

Think what happened and how Milner left City still rankles with some at city and getting Emre on a free and only 23 will be justice and yeah he is a good player Pep would make him better

Quality player, but didnt pep bin him at bayern?

He did, Can was a surplus to requirements.

Sort of. Can was 19 when Pep arrived and competing with Lahm, Martinez, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Thiago and Müller (had to play in a midfield role for peps first season) for a place in a 3 man midfield.

So Bayern did what they did previously with Lahm, Kroos and others which is send him out to get experience. He went to Leverkusen with a dirt cheap buyback clause after 2 years but he decided to go to Liverpool when Klopp came in and took it out of Bayerns hands.

Looking at their midfield now and him at Liverpool, I'm not sure he'd have been good enough but he took the decision away from them to be fair.

If we sign him then we need to also get Koke from Athletico ......having Can and Koke in our midfield would be great as long as they don't fizzle out
Ah, the old Bell, Book and Candle joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.