Emyr Huws

Delighted that he got on the pitch. Ok he was not a world beater, but it was his debut and he did most of what was asked of him in the short time he had. The lad did well.

Sends a positive message for all the youngsters at City and those that are thinking of signing in the future that there are chances given to youth players.

Ed2607 said:
Sorry guys. Love kids getting their chance but Huws, unlike Lopez last time, looked totally out of his depth tonight. Not easy to come in and gel on your first chance with such high profile players but unfortunately he's not ready yet for the step up in my honest opinion.

Sir I bow to your considered opinion

Ed2607 said:
Sorry guys. Love kids getting their chance but Huws, unlike Lopez last time, looked totally out of his depth tonight. Not easy to come in and gel on your first chance with such high profile players but unfortunately he's not ready yet for the step up in my honest opinion.

don't be a dickhead.

I thought it was a competent,calm and mature display by Huws.He had decent mobility with a good engine and kept his game simple,one criticism is his upperbody strength,possibly in need of a few sessions under a barbell!

I'd like to see more of him at West Ham.

Ed2607 said:

I don't think anyone's saying he's the finished product. He'll be going out on loan no doubt. But it's good to give the youf a chance and it sends a ripple through the academy.

LoveCity said:
He looks better than Razak who got about 10 first team appearances. More calm, composed and disciplined. Hard to tell against Championship opposition, but he didn't look too out of place tonight. It might draw interest from Championship clubs to loan him, which would be a good next step.

I thought this after the game, had a better 15 minutes than Razak ever did I feel

Think it's rather harsh to criticise a youngster for failing to impress in such a short period of time on the pitch. On their first half showing, I would argue that none of our players was setting the heather alight, but that was more to do with the nature of the team selected. By the time Huws came on, the team had been rotated even more, so it was always going to be about gaining experience.

Ed2607 said:

What did yer want from the lad - three goals, three assists and three goal line clearances? I thought he followed Pellers instructions to the letter.

Ed2607 said:

Idiotic post of the night goes to you...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.