Emyr Huws

mansour's tow ropes said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
kupest said:
For whoever has seen a lot of him, does he break play like Fernandinho? Basically ,does he suit our style to warrants 4th choice CM ?

From our first team squad I would put him behind Fernandinho,Yaya,Milner,Rodwell,Demechelis and Garcia.

I think he can offer more going forward than Demichelis

Huws is most similar to Garcia, but with a better eye and range for a pass. His main weakness other than lack of experience is his mobility, again not unlike Garcia, as he isn't the quickest or most athletic.

I'd say he could leapfrog Javi with the experience gained from his current loan spell but he got some developing to do fast to save us from spending on another midfield player in his position. The fact that we were keen on taking Fernando indicated the coaches don't feel hes close enough.

Noticed something somewhere the other day that suggests Huws is out of contract in June.

If so, he and City have a big decision to make between now and then.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPmRDK8ND8[/youtube]

Highlight from Birmingham's match at Charlton. Huws is number 36 and delivered the free kick

And the thread over at Small Heath Alliance:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1480383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1480383</a>

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h

Lee Clark on City loanees Huws & Rusnak: "[City] have got such high hopes for both of them. But Emyr in his 2 games, wow - different class.”

Having watched Huws play a number of times this season what has most impressed me about him is his maturity, reading of a game ,range of pass ,mobility, athleticism, and delivery off a dead ball. It does not surprise me that he is impressing on his loan spell at Birmingham FC.

allblackcitizen said:
Noticed something somewhere the other day that suggests Huws is out of contract in June.

surely he'll get a new deal? Wont get any money for him otherwise and he's definitely worth persisting with by the look of it. Hopefully he can have a season on loan in the Premier League next year and then might be able to fill a gap in our squad in 18 months time

mansour's tow ropes said:
allblackcitizen said:

surely he'll get a new deal? Wont get any money for him otherwise and he's definitely worth persisting with by the look of it. Hopefully he can have a season on loan in the Premier League next year and then might be able to fill a gap in our squad in 18 months time

If I'm right, then from city's point of view it makes sense to offer him a new deal, but if he continues to do well at Brum it might not make much sense for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.