Emyr Huws

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BigOscar said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Birmingham just seems to make our young players for some reason.
I don't think Rusnak would agree with you, he looks to be stinking the place out

don't think that's fair, Huws for all the press and MOTM performances has a pass completion of 68% whereas Rusnak is keeping it tidy at 89.5%, although Huws is making many more passes than Rusnak (43.7 v 19).

Seems Huws is playing quite ambitiously whereas Rusnak is being a lot more cautious in style alongside him, got to remember Huws is a bit older than him and a lot bigger, so at least Rusnak playing 3 games as well shows he's holding his own and hasn't been dumped straight away.
I think he got hauled off at HT in the last game, which is never a good sign. From what I gather from the one Brummie at work, they play with 3 interchangeable and fairly unipressive attacking players in behind Macheda. He didn't seem particularly enamoured by any of them, but everything sounds miserable in that accent, so it's hard to really know

It's an attribute which tells you almost nothing of the performance of a player, which was my point

BigOscar said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BigOscar said:
I don't think Rusnak would agree with you, he looks to be stinking the place out

don't think that's fair, Huws for all the press and MOTM performances has a pass completion of 68% whereas Rusnak is keeping it tidy at 89.5%, although Huws is making many more passes than Rusnak (43.7 v 19).

Seems Huws is playing quite ambitiously whereas Rusnak is being a lot more cautious in style alongside him, got to remember Huws is a bit older than him and a lot bigger, so at least Rusnak playing 3 games as well shows he's holding his own and hasn't been dumped straight away.
I think he got hauled off at HT in the last game, which is never a good sign. From what I gather from the one Brummie at work, they play with 3 interchangeable and fairly unipressive attacking players in behind Macheda. He didn't seem particularly enamoured by any of them, but everything sounds miserable in that accent, so it's hard to really know

he was stuck out on the left wing and didn't get much of the ball at all and that's against a good side in Watford, his best performance v Derby he played more on the right, so it could perhaps be a positional thing, also remembering that for a struggling side like Brum he's going to see less of the ball up the pitch than Huws is playing deeper(which he does), especially when he's fairly rigidly holding the left wing role, might just be them not getting the best position for him yet.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-mark-fogarty-reveals-6709051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... ls-6709051</a>

Preview of Birmingham City v Huddersfield

Lee Clarke on the quality that Huws has brought to the side....

"I knew he was a talented player,but in the three games he's played he's been outstanding
and was the standout player at Vicarage Road on Tuesday. When I talked to the people at Manchester City about
Emyr they felt he has a massive future at their football club and the games he's had for us only enhance that reputation."

Seems to be impressing and an exciting prospect.

If his name was Huwsinho I'd give him a chance but his name is too British for me to think he will ever amount to anything.

ColinLee said:
Too early to think that he removes the need for Fernando next season?
Yes, far too early. Being the star player for a couple of games in the championship is not quite the same being as a 4 time league winner and champions league proven player. They also aren't remotely similar players. He might be worth looking at in pre-season though to see if he's worth keeping on the fringes, or what level we should be loaning him to next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.