End of an era

685cb179b7c0e2bd0e05d787aca6823b.jpg
The B of the Bleeding waste of money.

Sad indeed my dad worked at the truck garage next door to Philips park fire station on briscoe lane in the 70s he took me to work every Saturday morning, great times and memories.
We probably walked across the etihad getting there who’d of known then what we’d end up with.
It was a Dodge truck dealer in the 1970s, known as CGL Truck Services.
It became a Merc truck dealer around 1987 . So it was a truck dealer for about 50 years, although I believe it is derelict just at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens to the land in the next couple of years.

I thought this was going to be a thread on how the red cartel had lost their grip on the strings of the premier league because we’ve stood up to them and shown them up for the cheating, manipulative, lying cunts that they are.
No, it's just someone getting nostalgic about a rusting piece of junk metal that has no relevance anymore. On 2nd thoughts that could be Owed Trafford I suppose.

It was a Dodge truck dealer in the 1970s, known as CGL Truck Services.
It became a Merc truck dealer around 1987 . So it was a truck dealer for about 50 years, although I believe it is derelict just at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens to the land in the next couple of years.
It was indeed mate CGL truck services
Dodge then Renault, my Dad worked there for years I’ve still got a load of stuff from that era I’ve got a steel bull dog from a Mack truck , it was unbelievable for a young lad to able to climb in and out of the trucks in the repair yard. Then go out with the huge breakdown truck , my uncle worked there took me to my first ever match we went straight from there to main road 76/77 we won 3-1 .
* another memory is the train track at the back of the yard when the rags played at Wembley in the cup finals they seemed to be there every effing year my hatred for that probably started there.

Dodge then Renault, my Dad worked there for years I’ve still got a load of stuff from that era I’ve got a steel bull dog from a Mack truck , it was unbelievable for a young lad to able to climb in and out of the trucks in the repair yard. Then go out with the huge breakdown truck , my uncle worked there took me to my first ever match we went straight from there to main road 76/77 we won 3-1 .
* another memory is the train track at the back of the yard when the rags played at Wembley in the cup finals they seemed to be there every effing year my hatred for that probably started there.
I
I was a truck salesman at various dealerships in the Manchester area in the 80/90s , including Scania, Mercedes and for the majority of the time Leyland Trucks which merged to become Leyland Daf.
And I used to take my 2 daughters to work with me on a Saturday morning and any open days that were held.
And like yourself,they loved it when I would take them for a quick spin in a sleeper cab DAF 95 and they would wave at all the other kids we passed in small cars.
All done while driving on red trade plates.

I

I was a truck salesman at various dealerships in the Manchester area in the 80/90s , including Scania, Mercedes and for the majority of the time Leyland Trucks which merged to become Leyland Daf.
And I used to take my 2 daughters to work with me on a Saturday morning and any open days that were held.
And like yourself,they loved it when I would take them for a quick spin in a sleeper cab DAF 95 and they would wave at all the other kids we passed in small cars.
All done while driving on red trade plates.
Brilliant mate , I’ve got loads of stuff from dodge / commer .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.