End of an era

Symbolic of the worlds inevitable transition from fossil fuels - they are a relic of the passing energy storage industry as we look forward to a cleaner greener future. I won't miss it.
Fossil fuels will still be going strong when everyone on this forum is dead and buried that’s for sure. I’m not saying we can’t reduce our usage, but I can’t see a day when they will be totally obsolete - ever.
Anyway that old gasometer always took me back to being a kid in short pants. My dad used to take me with him when he visited his dad’s grave in Philips Park Cemetery. I was always in awe of it. Sat in the South Stand last season I could see it at every game and was still in awe of it. Pity it couldn’t be preserved in some way.

Round the back of Kings Cross its been done brilliantly - https://gasholderslondon.co.uk/
Not sure if City have purchased this land yet, but I'm sure they will.
Whilst those ones at King's Cross look good we're along with our partners developing more residential property next door in Holt Town.
I'd hope the land would be used for something more innovative/ educational to fit in with the campus so attract more people to the area.
I may be wrong and they just turn it into a fuckin car park

Round the back of Kings Cross its been done brilliantly - https://gasholderslondon.co.uk/

That looks great. I know fancy apartments have their problems but this is so much better than just ripping down these buildings.

I live in a 200 year old weaving shed. If I didn’t live here it’d probably have been knocked down.

It’s important we keep and repurpose our industrial architecture as much as possible.

That looks great. I know fancy apartments have their problems but this is so much better than just ripping down these buildings.

I live in a 200 year old weaving shed. If I didn’t live here it’d probably have been knocked down.

It’s important we keep and repurpose our industrial architecture as much as possible.
You live in Nicky Weavers shed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.