End of an era

Another Manchester land mark bites the dust, plenty of families will have memories good or bad of this

Always thought those gasometer structures would make great shells for apartments, offices etc.

Really interesting architecture and a bit like old mills, a useful way of preserving some of our industrial heritage buildings.

It’s been done in other places I think.

I

I was a truck salesman at various dealerships in the Manchester area in the 80/90s , including Scania, Mercedes and for the majority of the time Leyland Trucks which merged to become Leyland Daf.
And I used to take my 2 daughters to work with me on a Saturday morning and any open days that were held.
And like yourself,they loved it when I would take them for a quick spin in a sleeper cab DAF 95 and they would wave at all the other kids we passed in small cars.
All done while driving on red trade plates.

I’m 37 and I’d be buzzing if someone took me for a drive in a truck now.

You never grow up when it comes to stuff like that haha

I was at the Coop Live last night - they wanted £25 to park in the car park and it was £8 for a 330ml can of Peroni with no beer on tap at the bar I went to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.