End of Season Party vs Arsenal?!

Before I sharpen my pitchfork and light my torch, did any player walk around with their hands in their pockets looking disinterested?

Embarrassing today. Embarrassing.

Today was the day our "fans" proved the piss taking fans of other clubs correct.

Plastic, spoilt, entitled, glory hunting, disloyal.

4 days after a champions league semi final. So fucking what if we haven't ripped up trees this season.

This manager , for all his alleged faults, has behaved with the utmost class and dignity from day one until today. His reward is to be slapped in the face by his same fans who were ecstatic watching him win us 3 trophies in 3 years and get to a champs lge semi final

"Where were you when you were shit?" , "I was on the bus back to Stockport mate"

Maybe success has changed our supporters , ive stayed behind countless times at the last home game of the season ,when we were shit , i couldnt make todays game , but i am glad to say my brother (who is , lets say , older generation , some would say old git) , and his match going friends , all stayed to pay MP the respect he deserves . A possible 4th place , another trophy and a Champs league semi-final is now considered a disastrous season , the level of expectancy is the problem , maybe some supporters/fans/posters need to manage faiure a little better , i have certainly had plenty of experience of failure supporting my club , its water of a ducks back.

What the fuck has York away got to do with proceedings? This team was always going to reach its peak and level out. It wasn't always going to be a walkover every season. There would be a season where it'd stop and we'd maybe witness a lull in form. What us as fans needed to do was be prepared for that moment and quite frankly it seems that none of us have got our feet on terra firma and have our heads in the sand. What we need to do collectively as a club is draw a line on the past 5 seasons and start again. Build another team, start from scratch maybe and give it another go. Fuck me it isn't the end of the world, anyone would think we'd just been relegated and that empty stadium sums us up as fans at the moment, this fella won us 4 trophies....we should have at least put our toys down and give him some thanks.
Best post i have read. Would add that a large number of fans slagging pellegrini forget that they themselves wanted rid of dzeko and were all too happy to see bony arrive, many also wanted us to stop using 2 strikers and go with a 4231 formation......well all those fans got what they wanted and it didnt work out.....shot happens. For all his failings of which there are a few, pellegrini delivered the best season of football i can remember from any team in the pl, won a trophy this season and has seen us improve in the cl. And he has done that with dignity and sportsmanship ( unlike the fergies and maureens of this world). He deserved a good send off.

That's bollocks and you know it. The landscape has changed. 10 years ago the Thomas Cook trophy was a big deal
Yeah it has changed but I haven't. I'm early 40s and seeing us lift any trophy pisses over everyone having a powerwank over getting top 4. And yes I know that our owners want top 4 for the income over the league cup/fa cup but it will never feel right as long as I live. On Wednesday I found myself not giving a single fuck about the result. Nerves? None!! Rewind you the semi's v everton and I was crawling the walls and on edge. Yes today was a let down but so fuckin what. I ain't gonna change my views of my my club just coz we got a bit of bread in the bank. Trophies for my club is a I want to see.

What the fuck has York away got to do with proceedings? This team was always going to reach its peak and level out. It wasn't always going to be a walkover every season. There would be a season where it'd stop and we'd maybe witness a lull in form. What us as fans needed to do was be prepared for that moment and quite frankly it seems that none of us have got our feet on terra firma and have our heads in the sand. What we need to do collectively as a club is draw a line on the past 5 seasons and start again. Build another team, start from scratch maybe and give it another go. Fuck me it isn't the end of the world, anyone would think we'd just been relegated and that empty stadium sums us up as fans at the moment, this fella won us 4 trophies....we should have at least put our toys down and give him some thanks.
Arsenal have gone through a few teams and peaks, but at least they have the savvy to remain top 4.
We've missed out not because of a tired old team but because of clear and glaring managerial errors over the season.

Yeah it has changed but I haven't. I'm early 40s and seeing us lift any trophy pisses over everyone having a powerwank over getting top 4. And yes I know that our owners want top 4 for the income over the league cup/fa cup but it will never feel right as long as I live. On Wednesday I found myself not giving a single fuck about the result. Nerves? None!! Rewind you the semi's v everton and I was crawling the walls and on edge. Yes today was a let down but so fuckin what. I ain't gonna change my views of my my club just coz we got a bit of bread in the bank. Trophies for my club is a I want to see.
Right so missing out on top 4 means missing out on big transfers, which puts us behind before Pep has even started..... That's so fucking what. Top 4 is more important than a league cup

Don't blame a single person for leaving at the final whistle. They don't deserve any appreciation after this season. I'm bored of the whole "but remember, we used to be shit" brigade. We haven't been shit for 8 years now, it's time to let that go. This is a different era, expectations are sky high and rightly so after the investment we've had. I don't think there's a single person that would complain at finishing 4/5th and winning the capital one cup if they had performed to the best of their ability. But the fact is, they haven't, and if it wasn't for Chelsea we'd comfortably have the title of worst underachievers this season. I did stay right until the very end but i stayed more out of curiosity than anything. I think the players and pellegrini himself knew they didn't deserve a full stadium clapping them, i doubt any player or the manager will be thinking they deserved more appreciation for their efforts this season as a whole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.