End of the match day programmes

uweuweuwe

Listening to radio discussing EFL possibly changing rules so it isn’t statutory to produce a match day magazine.

Sort of feel sad its part another part of football I grew up with disappearing. Was never a great collector mostly bought them for the Tokens and away grounds I’d visited. Think the only ones Ive bought over last few years have been my kids first games, F.A cup finals etc. Got rid of most of them years ago although I have a few in my mams loft.

Think the ones I have are last day of kippax, last day of Maine road, a signed Kinkladze one( can’t remember the game) and one from the friendly we played at Droylsden signed by Brian Horton. Anyone got any unusual ones?

Shame really but sign of the modern times.
Got a cupboard full, recently I only get them for the big CL games and the QPR game etc

I've always found them a 50/50 split between happy clappy & advertisements. The odd time I have bought them I find there's not much in there of interest.

I've not bought one for years. They cost a fortune
I stopped years ago but my son started buying them when he started going in 2008 I was surprised then they were only £3.00 and now 10 years later they are still only £3.00 which I don't think is bad.

I stopped years ago but my son started buying them when he started going in 2008 I was surprised then they were only £3.00 and now 10 years later they are still only £3.00 which I don't think is bad.

Really? I thought they were at least £4.80. £3 is good

I've not bought one for years. They cost a fortune

I did VIP hospitality at Dale the other week and the package included a proggy. Same price as ours and only half as thick -£3. I think the change will be one that leaves it up to the club. At the moment I think they are obliged to publish one for all their home games. I've always had it as part of the match ritual - the half time draw went, but it's still proggy, pie and a Bovril!

Sad but I suppose if demand has dropped off............. maybe our reaction is more like that of Sir Humphrey in Yes Minister when he explained to Bernard that Radio 3 and wildlife documentaries on the BBC had to be broadcast because whilst no-one listened or watched there was a comfort derived from knowing they are there. So nobody buys them but those same people don't want to see them gone !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.