England - care less with a successful City?

watching england is like watching a pre season friendly, once we play in a big tournement we are laughing stock because of the old farts that play...

so on that note i dont watch england play, wouldnt waste my time, players do not see it as an honour unless it is the world cup finals...

PL coverage has killed international team......

Davs 19 said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
Davs 19 said:
If you really put City first, it's not ridiculous. I want England to do well but they're just another southern club in many ways.

Theres a bit of a difference between three points and a world cup. If you said the prem or the world cup then fair enough but three points is prety ridiculous

You're entitled to your opinion and I mine. If I'd have meant the Prem I'd have said it. I've spent fortunes over the years following my club. They play in my City. They are my City. It's not even a competition.

Thats fair enough mate, i was only giving my opinion. As i said earlier i would always put city first, but i would also like to see England win something in my life time to haha.

Davs 19 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
MC ID said:
Honestly I know it's not the popular opinion but I love England and I care deeply about English players, I'd love more than anything else for City to bring up an england star through it's academy (George Evans I am laying all this at your feet).

Yes city comes first but that doesn't mean I can't love England too.
It is a well established fact that each football fan has a finite amount of love.

Every ounce wasted on England is love that City are missing out on.

If it was the choice of 3 points for City or England winning the World Cup, I'd take the points every time.
wow thats digusting

i`d take a draw mate.

ballinio said:
Davs 19 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It is a well established fact that each football fan has a finite amount of love.

Every ounce wasted on England is love that City are missing out on.

If it was the choice of 3 points for City or England winning the World Cup, I'd take the points every time.
wow thats digusting

i`d take a draw mate.

Excellent ! ;.)

Never gave a toss about England. Nor do many Arsenal fans, which is ironic seeing our traditional image as the establishment club.

In the 80s it seemed as though England were followed exclusively by the sort of people who followed Chelsea, Plymouth Argyle or Peterborough. Then it be became the entry point for the facepainting classes post Italia 90 and Euro 96.

Arrogance, embarrassing media coverage, shit pubs filled with football illiterates during big tournaments, shit football, Sun sponsored helmets and prayer mats, and hype are what I associate with Ingerlund.

Strangely enough I like World Cups and Euros. I also like England cricket, so it's nothing to do with rebellion.

What sums it up for me are the hundreds of millions of foreigners who follow English club football, yet you'll never come across one who likes England.

matty barton said:
Never gave a toss about England. Nor do many Arsenal fans, which is ironic seeing our traditional image as the establishment club.

In the 80s it seemed as though England were followed exclusively by the sort of people who followed Chelsea, Plymouth Argyle or Peterborough. Then it be became the entry point for the facepainting classes post Italia 90 and Euro 96.

Arrogance, embarrassing media coverage, shit pubs filled with football illiterates during big tournaments, shit football, Sun sponsored helmets and prayer mats, and hype are what I associate with Ingerlund.

Strangely enough I like World Cups and Euros. I also like England cricket, so it's nothing to do with rebellion.

What sums it up for me are the hundreds of millions of foreigners who follow English club football, yet you'll never come across one who likes England.

Maybe me and you are different but during Italia 90 and Euro 96 I really enjoyed watching England, it helped me cope with supporting a team that won nothing and never looked like winning anything.

I don't feel that way anymore and a successful City has dampened that even further but I if England got their act together and played entertaining winning football (a long shot I know) I will love it again.

Mancity1980 said:
matty barton said:

Maybe me and you are different but during Italia 90 and Euro 96 I really enjoyed watching England, it helped me cope with supporting a team that won nothing and never looked like winning anything.

I don't feel that way anymore and a successful City has dampened that even further but I if England got their act together and played entertaining winning football (a long shot I know) I will love it again.

Watching England helped you cope with watching a team that won nothing?

Worst thing about England is the complete lack of charm. I support Arsenal, but I understand why people follow City, West Ham, Newcastle, Manyoo, Everton, spurs etc. If you look at things fairly all those clubs have 'something' that makes them likeable to their fans. You could argue the same for little lower league clubs as well.

England on the other hand are ugly.

i support and follow City as my club side and being English support England as my national side its never really been a source of conflict, just wish the national team could improve like my club have it's a bit of a cycle and we haven't got a brilliant crop of English players at the moment sadly.

Davs 19 said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
Davs 19 said:
3 points over the world cup!? Fucking hell, I would put city first but that is just ridiculous.

If you really put City first, it's not ridiculous. I want England to do well but they're just another southern club in many ways.

I just binned a load of England shirts I had as a kid, kept the city ones though. I'm not English I'm a Manc.

Speaking of England, as they are playing Brazil. Can I ask, is Brazil one of those sneaky countries that have their winters in the summer and vice versa?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.