England - care less with a successful City?

john@staustell said:
Hardly anything - the exceptions probably being golf and tennis - interests me less than an England friendly. Always the case.

Hang on mate. James Milner loves Golf. Gareth, Joe, Carlos and Manny, our new manager, are also not averse to a run out on the Links. (In Carlos's case, OK, quite a long run, but we know Carlos does like to run)

Maybe you're not old enough to understand the attraction yet?!<br /><br />-- Thu May 30, 2013 11:08 pm --<br /><br />
Phuket Blue said:
john@staustell said:
Hardly anything - the exceptions probably being golf and tennis - interests me less than an England friendly. Always the case.

Hang on mate. James Milner loves Golf. Gareth, Joe, Carlos and Manny, our new manager, are also not averse to a run out on the Links. (In Carlos's case, OK, quite a long run, but we know Carlos does like to run)

Maybe you're not old enough to understand the attraction yet?!

OMG! I just got it. James, Gareth, Carlos. None of them getting a game with the National Team these days! International Managers evidently hate Golf more than you do!

lancs blue said:
hallstreetblue said:
Why not go and talk to countries like Spain and Germany and ask them how they do it and ask what they did to change things. It's all about the grassroots. We've forgotten about it over the years. Been doing it the british way instead of looking to our european counterparts. We need to recognise more local talent and stop goin abroad for it. Our academies are full of foreign kids. Fook me, it's not rocket science.

No it isn't rocket science and it's also cheaper than flying overseas so it's quite likely that most top clubs have looked on their doorstep and found very little talent there.

On the club v country thing, for me it's City >> City EDS >> City U-18s >>>>>>>>>England.

Saying that I enjoy watching the big international tournaments but if truth be told they're usually more enjoyable when the media aren't working themselves into a frenzy endlessly debating England's chances to the exclusion of the other nations involved.

Well them very same clubs should be doing more to promote youth football in our country, by working closer with the local clubs. There are very few actual local clubs in the UK. By clubs, I mean organisations, with a club house, paying members and financial backing. What we have far too much of though, is pub teams that meet in the pub, have no actual address and most players have beer bellies. All these pub teams in a certain area, should amalgamate and form a youth structure from U7's-U18's. Then a first team and reserves, along with a vets team for all those that are passed it. They should be getting sponsors from local firms, who will quite happily back them. I know this is happening, but on a very small scale. Whereas, in Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Spain etc. this is a regular occurrence. It's NORMAL.

It's all fooked up in the UK. So again, till somethin is sorted, I'm a CITY fan, but I refuse to support the F.A. apart from Trevor Brooking, coz I know he shares my views.

No what I actually care about is the standard of training for my son on progression of ability and skill. We seem to be focusing on playing on speed and scoring which can alienate young players (especially young lads like mine aged 7) from progressing.

What I have taken onboard is to start my son on Futsal lessons....and his has began to not only enjoy the skill and training techniques but he has actually started to train with older boys aged 12 and over (one being a 17 year old England Trainee) which is giving him the confidence to take on players older than him.

We really do need to take a long hard look at how we teach our young players compared to our European partners.

One dad at my sons local team took his son to a Liverpool trial, he said they made a massive group of kids sprint from one side of a pitch to the over side. They withdrew the last 10 kids who finished each session and sent them home stating that because they were not fast enough they were not good enough..!!!!!

How fucking stupid is that...Liverpool are one of the major clubs based in the UK and if this how they can base their trainees on then it is a fcuk joke.

Bring on the CITY ACADEMY : ) and a fellow dad who is an avid gooner fan has stated he will be taking his lad to our new academy trials

PaleBlue said:
Back in the day (90-98) when City were fairly poor, and England half decent I would have said I was firmly an England fan. As the years have passed, I find I care less and less about the national team. I used to criticise the rags for prioritising club over country, but have to admit I can see why now that I can watch my club playing better than England can. Plus, years ago we weren't exposed to the players as much - I find it impossible to cheer on the likes of Rooney, Terry and Camel Gob.

Would you say you care less about the England team now than you did when we were wallowing in the second/third tiers of English football?

I've gone off England over the same time as you too but because of England not City. The England team of today looks completely hapless compared to many other teams and an awful lot less interesting to watch than we were through the 90s. Christ, even Graham Taylor's early days were better than most of the last 5 years.

If the England team starts playing well instead of just being 11 players trying to avoid contact with a football then I'd be more than happy to pay more attention to them.

hallstreetblue said:
lancs blue said:
hallstreetblue said:
Why not go and talk to countries like Spain and Germany and ask them how they do it and ask what they did to change things. It's all about the grassroots. We've forgotten about it over the years. Been doing it the british way instead of looking to our european counterparts. We need to recognise more local talent and stop goin abroad for it. Our academies are full of foreign kids. Fook me, it's not rocket science.

No it isn't rocket science and it's also cheaper than flying overseas so it's quite likely that most top clubs have looked on their doorstep and found very little talent there.

On the club v country thing, for me it's City >> City EDS >> City U-18s >>>>>>>>>England.

Saying that I enjoy watching the big international tournaments but if truth be told they're usually more enjoyable when the media aren't working themselves into a frenzy endlessly debating England's chances to the exclusion of the other nations involved.

Well them very same clubs should be doing more to promote youth football in our country, by working closer with the local clubs. There are very few actual local clubs in the UK. By clubs, I mean organisations, with a club house, paying members and financial backing. What we have far too much of though, is pub teams that meet in the pub, have no actual address and most players have beer bellies. All these pub teams in a certain area, should amalgamate and form a youth structure from U7's-U18's. Then a first team and reserves, along with a vets team for all those that are passed it. They should be getting sponsors from local firms, who will quite happily back them. I know this is happening, but on a very small scale. Whereas, in Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Spain etc. this is a regular occurrence. It's NORMAL.

It's all fooked up in the UK. So again, till somethin is sorted, I'm a CITY fan, but I refuse to support the F.A. apart from Trevor Brooking, coz I know he shares my views.
I don't want to see the under 12's represent us in the PL

Used love going to England matches. Went to Spain in 1982 for World Cup. These days am as half arsed as the players that play for us.

I only get interested when the World cup comes along ? Qualifiers and friendlies are boring. In fact I'd have to google to find out who was in Englands group. I heard we played a 442 formation against Ireland which just about sums up how far we've come as a national team.

I get excited for every major tournament, but England just disappoint me on a day to day basis. No heart, creativity, passion or skill to them at all. Overrated and obnoxious pricks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.