England Euro 2016 Squad

Agreed, what does Fosu-Mensah have to do to get in the squad as well? Obviously Carrick has been dropped because his contract is up, but why has poor Ashley Young missed out? Not to mention Luke Shaw, if Jack Wheelchair can get picked despite being injured then surely the worlds most expensive leftback should get the nod as well?
Spot on the small matter of being a cloggie should be no handicap to Fosuh-Mensah taking up his clubs rightful position in the England team.

Agreed, what does Fosu-Mensah have to do to get in the squad as well? Obviously Carrick has been dropped because his contract is up, but why has poor Ashley Young missed out? Not to mention Luke Shaw, if Jack Wheelchair can get picked despite being injured then surely the worlds most expensive leftback should get the nod as well?

Fosu Mensah probably should be in it to be fair. He's Dutch and play for the rags, that's strong enough a reason why he needs to be in the rag team. I'd also have expected Valencia to be in there as defensive cover.

In all seriousness, it's standard play it safe Woy. We'll ignore the exciting prospects and play boring "solid" players that offer no flair. We might make it to the knockouts but my god we'll be dull to watch. Rooney as captain? I'm hoping he's injured and misses the upcoming tournaments.

With Rooney in the side as captain he has to start... so... who misses out? Kane? Surely not considering his scoring record? Vardy? Same as Kane... also better option than Rooney wide as he can actually run...Alli? Has scored and created a huge number of goals, is now well rested and has the fight and power to make a huge impact, also Kane's clubmate so has a good relationship with the other spuds players who will likely be involved... can't kick him out for Rooney can you?! That's before you look at Sturridge on the bench...

Ultimately England fall down because we don't have a decent central midfielder who will steady the ship and keep the ball. Drinkwater and Dier do their defensive jobs. Henderson can be decent 6times out of 10. Wilshere is the best technically but will be injured. That leaves Lallana, Milner and Barkley to come in and show Europe what they've got! Except Milner will be used as a winger of course.

Noble has a point, tbh. Should've made the squad over Delph and Wilshere. But we all know Woy has a hard on for little Jack.

Ignoring Wilshere's injury record he's our best central midfielder in terms of technical ability and passing (though Alli is more explosive and a more attacking threat). If Wilshere is fit he gets into the first 11 without doubt for me. The issue is obviously whether he does stay fit. He should be playing in all three warm up games to test him. If he gets injured, then he's out, if he stays fit and finds form then he's rightly in the squad. I'd have Wilshere, Dier and Alli as a midfield trio with Sterling, Kane and Vardy the forward three - though I don't like the idea of pushing Vardy out wide.

Ignoring Wilshere's injury record he's our best central midfielder in terms of technical ability and passing (though Alli is more explosive and a more attacking threat). If Wilshere is fit he gets into the first 11 without doubt for me. The issue is obviously whether he does stay fit. He should be playing in all three warm up games to test him. If he gets injured, then he's out, if he stays fit and finds form then he's rightly in the squad. I'd have Wilshere, Dier and Alli as a midfield trio with Sterling, Kane and Vardy the forward three - though I don't like the idea of pushing Vardy out wide.

Fair enough. Just think 3 games might be too short a time for Wilshere to get into a rhythm. Hope I'm wrong!

Don't see Vardy being as effective out wide either, but might just have to shoehorn him into that front three. Might be the most explosive option.

I wonder if Sterling will be getting booed if and when he's selected?
It's part of the England ethos to do so. The band has been fucked off to replace it with booing Sterling as mandatory. Hence the Turkey game at ours so they can all say he gets shit at his home ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to take Rooney, he's captain. Whether he should start is another matter but Rooney had to go really. That midfield is weak and so is the defence beyond the first four. Bale is going to have a field day with that backline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.